AVIC411.com

AVIC-N4 bypass

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a complete novice at this so here are 2 novice questions.......what does "ground" the wire mean, and where is the unit I see pictures of with the wires? Is it under my seat or is it the back of the actual unit and I have to take it out of my dash? I just had it professionally installed and of course I need to bypass it myself. Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...

ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS MOD! Those who stated it didn't work, made a mistake somewhere. My first try, using Yellow Wire / Black Stripe. Removed from factory position, plugged into harness, as seen in pictures, grounded to avic ground wire and away I went, into dvd/nav mobile madness.

Thanks a bunch for the info!

ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS MOD! Those who stated it didn't work, made a mistake somewhere. My first try, using Yellow Wire / Black Stripe. Removed from factory position, plugged into harness, as seen in pictures, grounded to avic ground wire and away I went, into dvd/nav mobile madness.

Thanks a bunch for the info!

Exactly what I did. Works perfect.

• 1 month later...

Hey all- I'm a bit new here but I wanted to share my findings as this thread has become confusing as hell. I just upgraded my N1/N3 to a N5. I used all the same harnessess except the amplifier one (the harness with the magic hole) this 1 wire mod worked perfectly. One thing I did notice is the lack of a connector for the voice recognition mic. Am I missing something- So far the N5 seems like a nice upgrade- just ordered the ipod cable online.

Here's a great place for you all to check out .

www-sonicelectronix-com

great price,great support- would buy from them any day of the week

1/2 price of my local dealer - they said there was no way i could buy it that cheap.

cheers

KB123

kb1@iname.com

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

for those having problems with grounding parking break wire. peel back the piece of metal tape ( caution this will void warranty) under the secondary metal cover. there is a little switch that you can slide with a small screw driver. make sure the parking break wire is well grounded and you shouldn't have anymore problems.

• 2 years later...