AVIC411.com

AVIC-N4 bypass

Just wanted to add my two-cents worth on this subject. I searched and searched the web for all info I could find on the bypass. The only info out there as of Oct 30th was the info in this thread from AVIC411. I had my N4 installed yesterday and I have followed the bypass instructions from here. Just to let you all know, in case you are wondering or worried about doing it, mine works as shown. I pulled the yellow/black wire out of that connector (which was not being used and is listed as the "guide on" lead that controls the mute feature on the multi channel processor control unit that I do not have and will not be getting) and placed it in the open spot that is shown in the pictures. Once grounded out, along with the parking brake, I have what should be available to the user all the time. Thanks to those that worked on this, and those that took the time to post it properly. Thats why I took the time to answer back, so others know it works.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on my N1 i wired the parking brake wire to a switch so when it was on it would plas as if it was grounded and when it was off it would play as it should with the e-brake. i did this in case i got pulled over. now with the N4 woud i just ground the bypass wire and run the switch off the ground wire. or run both to the switch

on my N1 i wired the parking brake wire to a switch so when it was on it would plas as if it was grounded and when it was off it would play as it should with the e-brake. i did this in case i got pulled over. now with the N4 woud i just ground the bypass wire and run the switch off the ground wire. or run both to the switch

Pull over for what? If you watching movie while driving by yourself (which is not too smart to do) and cop pulls you over just hit Nav button and it will switch to NAv screen ... cops can't stop you for having your Nav on.

I know this has been beaten to death, but I really don't want to fry my new radio. I understand I need to ground the parking brake and 'magic' wire. However, I want to make sure I understand the 'magic' wire in the 'magic' hole. I understand that I can either cut/move the mute wire or just add a new wire to the hole in the picture. Is this correct? If not, please explain like you would to an 8 year old.

Remember, I'm an Aggie.

Thats correct. It would be better to move the wire, rather than cut it, because the little metal pin will fit perfectly in the 'magic' hole and secure it properly

I know this has been beaten to death, but I really don't want to fry my new radio. I understand I need to ground the parking brake and 'magic' wire. However, I want to make sure I understand the 'magic' wire in the 'magic' hole. I understand that I can either cut/move the mute wire or just add a new wire to the hole in the picture. Is this correct? If not, please explain like you would to an 8 year old.

Remember, I'm an Aggie.

I couldn't get the 'guide on' wire to go into the magic hole, so I just cut a new one, put it in, and made sure it was secure. I tapped this wire and the parking brake wire into the black wire that looks like it's supposed to be put under a screw. It's the same black wire that comes out of a 1X1X2 in box that also has the yellow battery wire.

Did I do everything correctly? Thx.

Hi. I need to know. Which one of the openings is the bypass opening?

Most people remove an extra wire that they are not using (like the cell mute.) Insert that wire/pin into the "bypass" opening. Then ground the other end of that wire, and also ground the light green parking brake wire. Then you should be good to go

I just bought a brand spanking new n4 from pioneer (it was manufactured nov) and did the bypass and grounded the parking brake according to the picture. Heres the thing, then its stopped, the menu's and dvd video plays, but the second I go over 10mph, it cuts out video and navi buttons.

Think I should recheck the pin or pioneer has gotten smart/ changed something up?

Check your install. The bypass works

I just bought a brand spanking new n4 from pioneer (it was manufactured nov) and did the bypass and grounded the parking brake according to the picture. Heres the thing, then its stopped, the menu's and dvd video plays, but the second I go over 10mph, it cuts out video and navi buttons.

Think I should recheck the pin or pioneer has gotten smart/ changed something up?