AVIC411.com

AVIC-N4 bypass

Thanks for the awesome pics on how to do the bypass. Saturday I received the N4 and had it installed. During the install I used the yellow cell wire from the N3 harness to do the bypass. Everything works as it should. Full Nav and DVD capabilities while driving. Thanks again for the info on the bypass. Definetly the easiest bypass yet!! I'm currently using the Parrot 3200 Color for my cell needs. I'll be installing the CD-BTB200 as soon as I find a good deal on one.... Anyone wanna buy a Parrot 3200 ???

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are ever having a problem getting the pin to stay in, use a drop(A DROP!!!) of CA Glue (super glue) w/ accellerator to lock pin in. I do that to every bypass I do. Works like a charm.

FYI: DO the glue AWAY from the unit!!!

This was my best solution! I tried the jam the wire with a zip tie, and relocated a pin both of which didn't work. I then tried the super glue and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the advice!!!

Hi Guys,

When looking up the problem I have with the DVD system, I was directed to this forum, so I did reg because I though it was tight... nice fourm.

I had the Pioneer N4 system installed with speaker's / amps etc. The install was great, no problems on my end, they did a really nice job & I would like too thank them personaly, the reason I say this is because they browse here. :D

After the install I have the same problem, can't watch DVD while driving, I went back and they said they did the bypass, they said to come back and this way they can get more details. After this I came across this thread, after reading the whole-thread I wondered if they did what you did so I did some printing and showed them, he said he did what was told here but let me check, so I left them the suv to have other-stuff done.

I called and they said the job was done so I want to pick up the suv, he didn't realize that wire needed to be in the second-magic hole, he had it in the 3rd, so he switched it to what was done in the other-post, he said it works now.

After leaving the place it worked up-too about 20mph then stopped and I received that message, I went back & told them, they said it might be the software-upgrade because its the newer-model....hummm.......

We talked a bit and then he said something about using the mute-wire-clip!!! I then said that I thought that shouldnt be used / just splice the wire & shove it in the hole...with a wire-tie or that CA stuff... so being that I need to bring it back for something he said he will look into it...

I dont know if the ground in good enough? because somebody was told to get a better-ground!!! in the last post...

So my question here is, If the install was done right now, what else could be done to complete this bypass.......

Any help we be well-app.

Thanxs

They didn't do the bypass right. If they aren't capable of reading the very simple instructions and doing it, take it to someone that knows what they are doing. This should literally take them 30 seconds

whtcrxghst !!

Thanxs for getting back to me. I printed out this whole-topic and showed them , he replyed that this is where he received the info, the only thing he didnt realize is that he made a mistake in putting the wire in the third-hole, he then switched it, as we talked he then said he used the clip in the magic-hole which I told him "no" maybe that could be the prob..? should have been spliced>then just shove-in & use that super-glue>correct"/?

What about the ground,,? you think it should be grounded directly too the battery instade of the harness...? Besides this it should work, but Iam still stuck/ please advise... :)

I have my AVIC-N4 bypassed and all was working well the other day I hooked up the pink VSS wire and the system still works although now there is a message that pops up stating that my parking brake wire may be incorrectly installed and to click ok to continue... Also along with this the vehicle realizes when it is motion and until the vehicle comes to a complete stop some of the Navi functions are disabled... Does anyone have any info on this or a way that I can get around this without cuting the VSS wire off. Thanks

Ground is ground, it doesn't matter where you ground it. Sounds like maybe the wiring he did has come loose. Check the brake wire, the mute wire, and that the pin is in there firmly. Doesn't matter how you stick it in there, as long as it makes good contact.

whtcrxghst !!

Thanxs for getting back to me. I printed out this whole-topic and showed them , he replyed that this is where he received the info, the only thing he didnt realize is that he made a mistake in putting the wire in the third-hole, he then switched it, as we talked he then said he used the clip in the magic-hole which I told him "no" maybe that could be the prob..? should have been spliced>then just shove-in & use that super-glue>correct"/?

What about the ground,,? you think it should be grounded directly too the battery instade of the harness...? Besides this it should work, but Iam still stuck/ please advise... :)

Sounds like something may have come loose. Double check the two wires you grounded and that the pin is firmly in place

I have my AVIC-N4 bypassed and all was working well the other day I hooked up the pink VSS wire and the system still works although now there is a message that pops up stating that my parking brake wire may be incorrectly installed and to click ok to continue... Also along with this the vehicle realizes when it is motion and until the vehicle comes to a complete stop some of the Navi functions are disabled... Does anyone have any info on this or a way that I can get around this without cuting the VSS wire off. Thanks
Ground is ground, it doesn't matter where you ground it. Sounds like maybe the wiring he did has come loose. Check the brake wire, the mute wire, and that the pin is in there firmly. Doesn't matter how you stick it in there, as long as it makes good contact.

Gotch-ya and thank you. Iam pretty sure he looked at this but I'll let him know. Quick Question & this my sound stupid but Ive read this on ebay!!

Should the unit be unpluged if everything looks ok? just thought that I ask this, being that the memory is still knowing that nothing has been changed..?hummm sota like a reset... kinder hard to explan but I think u know what I mean.???

The mute wire he used... in the magic-hole and grounded it...at leat he said he did, but I'll let him know...

Thanxs again bro & I'll let u know how it came out.

Nothing is loose but this still happens.... Has anyone else had this issue with their navi... It worked fine up until I connected the VSS wire... after I connected that wire while the car is in motion I loose video as well as most of the NAVI options are grayed out and cannot be accessed until the vehilcle comes to a stop.

Sounds like something may have come loose. Double check the two wires you grounded and that the pin is firmly in place

• 3 weeks later...

Did you follow the instructions about moving the pin?

Please help.... I did the bypass today and DVD works with no issues while driving, however Nav controls are grayed out until I am stopped. The parking break is grounded out.. What am I missing?