AVIC411.com

AVIC-N4 bypass

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

On my AVIC-N4, I rerouted the green parking brake wire and grounded the mute yellow/black wire as mentioned in previous posts to disable the parking brake inhibitor. I have now lost all power to the stereo. I rerouted the green wire to its original location and ungrounded the yellow/black so everything is back in it's former state. I have check the other wires...everything is connected like it was before I opened it up. All fuses work. I've tried the reset button on the front panel with the car off and with it on. Still have no power on the stereo but everything else in car works so I know it's isolated as a stereo problem

Any suggestions? Thanks.

as per my previous power failure problem, i took the stereo out again and examined it to realize that the red acc cable was pulled out of its connection. with the power reestablished, i completed the bypass.

as per the grounding issue for the last post - after you run the green wire from its original position to the new position, take another wire, strip one end, and wire it around a screw that's attached to the chassis or firewall. then strip the other end and insert it into the new slot you just plugged the green wire into.

• 2 months later...

My best advice when you're having trouble is to make sure you have a good solid ground. Once you're SURE you have it grounded correctly, if you're still having problems you should check your other wire connections. But I can't stress enough how important it is that you have a good tight solid ground. I learned the hard way...

• 1 month later...

So I put a wire into the "magic hole" and then grounded it.

I grounded the parking brake wire.

When I turn the car on and go to system info It says the parking break is on even thought the parking brake is not on. As soon as I get over 10 mph the system info say parking break is off and the buttons get grayed out. As soon as I slow down it says the parking break is on again.

I get the feeling a wire came loose or I did it wrong OR there is some kinda software programming that calculates the speed based on either the gyroscope of gps. The only reason I needed the bypass to work was to be able to input addresses while I drive. oh well. I also get a message as the start saying "Caution: parking break might not be connected properly." Still overall happy with the system.

Thanks for all the info here guys. Really helpful.

Junk, Which N-series nav do you have?

N4. I'm going to double check the wiring tomorrow.

UPDATE: So took the whole thing apart and found that even with glue and a twist tie the wire in the magic hole had come out. Plugged it back in and added even more glue and everything works great now! Thanks for all the info.

On a side note this avic N4 is replacing a N1. The N1 was professionaly installed. The way the installer hacked it was he smily grounded the parking brake wire from what I can see. Don't have the original material so not sure if he did anything else.

• 2 weeks later...