Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:29 AM

Look here...

http://avic411.com/f...pic.php?t=10089
......time is bending.....
Hit me up on MySpace.....
http://www.myspace.com/jhagen
New ride...1990 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe
5-speed - 3.8l supercharged V-6, 285rwhp, 365 tq
AVIC N-1/3, bypassed, ADS seps, Linear Power amps, Epicenter...

#92 4solobaricz

4solobaricz
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:38 AM

I did one today. I didn't feel like digging around for the "correct" wire/terminal to fit the Pioneer plug, so this is a complete hack job ... but it worked ...

Before wire insertion

Posted Image

After wire insertion

Posted Image

A few more pics ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

ok im gonna try this..hope it works as every says it does.

#93 Dominicc

Dominicc
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:51 AM

I'm a complete novice at this so here are 2 novice questions.......what does "ground" the wire mean, and where is the unit I see pictures of with the wires? Is it under my seat or is it the back of the actual unit and I have to take it out of my dash? I just had it professionally installed and of course I need to bypass it myself. Thanks for the help.

#94 XLACK

XLACK
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

Just did the bypass as showed in the images, and it worked perfectly! My unit was manufactured in January 2008.

#95 uniqueblade

uniqueblade
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:07 AM

ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS MOD! Those who stated it didn't work, made a mistake somewhere. My first try, using Yellow Wire / Black Stripe. Removed from factory position, plugged into harness, as seen in pictures, grounded to avic ground wire and away I went, into dvd/nav mobile madness.

Thanks a bunch for the info!

#96 twofiftysx

twofiftysx
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:27 PM

ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS MOD! Those who stated it didn't work, made a mistake somewhere. My first try, using Yellow Wire / Black Stripe. Removed from factory position, plugged into harness, as seen in pictures, grounded to avic ground wire and away I went, into dvd/nav mobile madness.

Thanks a bunch for the info!

Exactly what I did. Works perfect.

#97 kb123

kb123
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:19 AM

Hey all- I'm a bit new here but I wanted to share my findings as this thread has become confusing as hell. I just upgraded my N1/N3 to a N5. I used all the same harnessess except the amplifier one (the harness with the magic hole) this 1 wire mod worked perfectly. One thing I did notice is the lack of a connector for the voice recognition mic. Am I missing something- So far the N5 seems like a nice upgrade- just ordered the ipod cable online.

Here's a great place for you all to check out .
www-sonicelectronix-com
great price,great support- would buy from them any day of the week
1/2 price of my local dealer - they said there was no way i could buy it that cheap.

cheers
KB123
kb1@iname.com

#98 mistadontplay04

mistadontplay04
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:45 PM

works like a charm plug the extra wire in, and ground the mute wire. all done, and the pb has to be grounded.

#99 bigscarybear

bigscarybear
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:55 AM

for those having problems with grounding parking break wire. peel back the piece of metal tape ( caution this will void warranty) under the secondary metal cover. there is a little switch that you can slide with a small screw driver. make sure the parking break wire is well grounded and you shouldn't have anymore problems.

#100 fkhau

fkhau
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hi
does anyone have the pictures of the mod for the n4?
thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users