AVIC411.com

So what are you using your hdmi source for?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The hdmi port is one of the most valuable ports on this headunit. You can use for literally anything that outputs a HD signal. For example, You can stream netflix, twitch, youtube, etc from your smartphone and watch all that content while driving :D  You can plug your wii or wii u in and start gaming. You can hook up your macbook pro and have a computer car. You can use it for chromecast. You can use it to display Google maps/waze..etc.... The possibilities are endless :)

Apple TV gen3 or 4 connected somebody?

That would be quite a bit of work:

Hardware needed:

- Apple TV 3 or 4

- Wifi router

- Power transformer to power them on +12V battery instead of 110V/220V

Trial and error part:

- Have the apple TV & wifi router boot up fast (2-3s maybe?). I tried that with an airport express (not current gen), and I was out of luck. The thing took 20s I think to boot. 

• 3 weeks later...

I use a Raspberry PI3 running Xbian.  I also have a "Auto-resume" script installed which remembers the last 10 seconds of a video played, and automatically resumes the movie within the last 10 seconds.  This is a godsend for any parent trying to make a bunch of small trips. I don't have to do anything, i just strap the kids in and drive.  The raspberry pi does the rest and automatically starts playing.  I only have to touch the remote when the movie is finished and they want me to pick another one.

The raspberry pi is also perfect for this because it uses so little energy and runs off a simply 5v usb plug, and xbian only takes about 16 seconds to boot, almost as fast as the NEX.  

I'm using the OSMC remote control which worked right out of the box and is perfect for the vehicle (rf and less buttons).

• 1 month later...

I'm planning on hooking up my raspberry pi2 as well. I have emulationstation and kodi on it as well. So it covers both your movies and Nintendo worlds. And like GGGPLAYA said it draws so little energy it's perfect.

Only for mine I got a micro wireless keyboard with the touch pad(mouse) on it. It works flawlessly.

I can post up when I get it installed.