AVIC411.com

AVIC-X930BT Password Keypad Grayed Out

Ok. I unlocked an AVIC-X930BT for someone not long ago. Today they bring it back and tell me they cant enter the password. I powered the unit up and the screen where you enter the password comes up but the keypad is grayed out. I cannot enter password.

I know it worked when I had it before. I entered the password multiple times to verify. I am guessing they entered the wrong password in three times and got locked out? The touchscreen is fully functional.

Any ideas how to get the keypad working again?

Save yourself some future heartburn - loose the password. Delete it. It really doesn't provide any theft deterrent or  add any security and is easily defeated by a thief.  Hell, I'd bet half the posters here ("Please help - I disconnected my battery and forgot my password") have stolen units.

AFA a legit user - In reality its just a PITA the next time the battery is disconnected, maybe years from now, and the password is long forgotten.

• 6 months later...

I have same problem, we just bought the car this summer 2012 subaru outback

Had to change the original battery

What's the trick to get the key pad to except the password which I recovered?

Does the emergency break need to be engaged?

The keyboard is locked unless the unit senses that the parking brake is set. Some have gotten around this by grounding the PB sensor wire, or you can wire it in bypassed mode (search for bypass), or simply install the unit correctly and set the brake.