AVIC411.com

AVIC-F10/F20/F920/F9210/F9220BT EVROPE MAPS UPDATE

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Community,

i`m new to the forum and i also have a question.

If i want to update a F20BT, is this the right software:

2015_European_Map_Update (2,95GB)

Does the "cardinfo.cif" and the "verinfo.data" have to be changed or is this not necassary with the F20BT?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Kindest regards

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I followed the instructions. But my F9210bt doesn't ask for an update. Its not installing.Do I have to install the Firmware first (Vers. 2.00000 to Vers. 2.0030)?

I fixed it and it works. I had to replace cardinfo and verinfo although it is a fb9120bt!! Weird! But thx a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Instructions to update AVIC-F10/F20/F920/F9210/F9220BT (working links as of now)

1. Download file: 2015_European_Map_Updat_for_Pioneer.zip from here (3 GB download including all Europe latest maps).
  2. ZIP is password protected. Extract the contents with the password seen here
  3. Move all files to the root of a freshly formatted SD card (4 GB or larger required)
  4. Replace CARDINFO.CIF with this version
  5. Replace UPDATE\VERINFO.DAT with this version
  6. Insert SD Card in your Pioneer, follow instructions (~30 minutes with progress bar - DO NOT INTERRUPT OR POWER OFF)
  7. After reboot go to Bluetooth settings and update bluetooth firmware separately (~5 minutes with no progress bar, just wait until finished - DO NOT INTERRUPT OR POWER OFF)
  8. Confirm update by looking at software version (6.0000) & Bluetooth firmware version (3.32).
  9. Remove SD card, go for a test drive and check everything is OK including fresh maps, latest points of interest and text-to-speech (TTS)
  10. Add additional TTS (text-to-speech support) only if your language does not already exist. Use these files: CZC (Czech), DAD (Danish),  DUB (Flemish),  DUN (Dutch),  ENG (UK English),  FIF (Finnish),  FRF (French),  GED (German),  GRG (Greek),  HUH (Hungarian),  ITI (Italian),  NON (Norwegian),  PLP (Polish),  PTP (Portuguese),  ROR (Romanian),  SPE (Spanish),  SWS (Swedish),  TRT (Turkish). Add them to another SD card (or format the previous one) and follow instructions from manual. The SD's top level folder must be named VOICE or TTS and it should contain only the folders/languages you need to add.

Good luck, tested and 100% successful on AVIC-F10BT with English, French, Italian, Spanish & Greek TTS installed.

Hello,

just updated my AVIC-F20BT with this tutorial.  Works flawlessly :smile:

I did not have to change the 2 files.

Just works with the update file provided.

Is there a chance to obtain the 2017 version?

The only thing is that to bluetooth version is 3.24... 

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Instructions to update AVIC-F10/F20/F920/F9210/F9220BT (working links as of now)

1. Download file: 2015_European_Map_Updat_for_Pioneer.zip from here (3 GB download including all Europe latest maps).
  2. ZIP is password protected. Extract the contents with the password seen here
  3. Move all files to the root of a freshly formatted SD card (4 GB or larger required)
  4. Replace CARDINFO.CIF with this version
  5. Replace UPDATE\VERINFO.DAT with this version
  6. Insert SD Card in your Pioneer, follow instructions (~30 minutes with progress bar - DO NOT INTERRUPT OR POWER OFF)
  7. After reboot go to Bluetooth settings and update bluetooth firmware separately (~5 minutes with no progress bar, just wait until finished - DO NOT INTERRUPT OR POWER OFF)
  8. Confirm update by looking at software version (6.0000) & Bluetooth firmware version (3.32).
  9. Remove SD card, go for a test drive and check everything is OK including fresh maps, latest points of interest and text-to-speech (TTS)
  10. Add additional TTS (text-to-speech support) only if your language does not already exist. Use these files: CZC (Czech), DAD (Danish),  DUB (Flemish),  DUN (Dutch),  ENG (UK English),  FIF (Finnish),  FRF (French),  GED (German),  GRG (Greek),  HUH (Hungarian),  ITI (Italian),  NON (Norwegian),  PLP (Polish),  PTP (Portuguese),  ROR (Romanian),  SPE (Spanish),  SWS (Swedish),  TRT (Turkish). Add them to another SD card (or format the previous one) and follow instructions from manual. The SD's top level folder must be named VOICE or TTS and it should contain only the folders/languages you need to add.

Good luck, tested and 100% successful on AVIC-F10BT with English, French, Italian, Spanish & Greek TTS installed.

Thank you very much!!

Installed on F9220BT and working.

Now looking for 2017 update :)

• 1 month later...

Hi

The update ran up to 51% followed by a message about an invalid SD card.

What to do next - because the radio does not work :(

I have Avic F9220DT

Why are you installing the 2015 maps when the 2017 are available?

To recover the use of your AVIC unit:

1. get TestMode.key from HERE; unzip and copy TestMode.key to SD
  2. boot into testmode by inserting the SD into your radio. 
  3. go into File Maintenance.
  4. remove the file USER\SYSTEM\Download\StartKnd.log

this will kick the unit out of upgrade mode, and should restart into regular mode on next power up (remember to remove the TestMode SD).

Hey guys. 2017 maps are here for F10/F20/F920/F9210/F9220BT. Here's a quick guide for installing successfully.

1. Format a SD card (4-8GB) in FAT32

2. Download this file, unzip contents and move to the root of SD. This the ShortFuse hack to overcome registration for personalized password.

3. Insert in your Pioneer and follow on-screen instructions

4. When finished move the SD contents back to your PC. It includes backup files in case of issue (but you will have no issues if you pay attention to all the details).

5. Delete all contents of SD, or format again

6. Download maps from here

7. Unzip using password 'Dracarys' exactly as you see it, including the single quotes. Copy-paste to be sure!!

8. Move all map contents to the root of SD

9. Download and replace this file in the root of SD. This is the proper CARDINFO.cif file for F10/F20/F920/F9210/F9220BT family.

10. Insert SD in Pioneer, follow on-screen instructions and enter PASSWORDPASSWORD when prompted for a password

11. Be patient for 25 minutes, then go for a ride and enjoy!