AVIC411.com

Waze v4.9 Appradio mode support

It appears that Waze are listed as supported with v4.9 update on Pioneer website: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio

Can someone confirm it? I've been holding update to v4 cause the support was broken.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-07-21 at 12.12.18 PM.png

I never had issues with waze on my Android -- is this an issue specifically with Apple iOS or both?  (Personally, I used it just to see how it works and my Android updates Apps automatically and don't use it often.  I have yet to try it on my iPhone.)  Are you able to downgrade if the update doesn't work?   If so, I would steer to update, then downgrade if does not work or it lost key features.  Anyway, thanks.

Can someone confirm it? I've been holding update to v4 cause the support was broken.

Yes, I tried Waze version 4.9 and it does work.  The setup I used was an iPhone 4S, AVIC-Z150BH w/ AppRadio connected to Waze version 4.9.  By the way, it appears android only has version 4.6.

But the problem where the menu block most of the route map view still there, hope they will look into that.

Sticking to v3.9.4 at the moment.

Please post a picture, or URL to a picture, so I can see more specifically what you're referring to.

I came across the following AppRadio World link and it looks like others (2/4) are using 4.9 with no issues depending on the systems (and/or) knowledge(?):

http://www.appradioworld.com/2016/01/waze-drops-pioneer-appradio-mode-support.html?showComment=1468582572668#c7040061948568624877

Update 0:

I am in the process of updating to Waze 4.10.0 and iOS 9.3.4.

Update 1:

I didn't test this in depth but I set a location from wi-fi and went into my car and started AppMode and it appears to work fine for the little I tested it.

Update 2:

I am in the process of updating to Waze 4.11.0 and iOS 9.3.5.