AVIC411.com

Avicsync taking forever to transfer data to HU then disconnects with phone...

So I'm trying to update to the 2015 Q3 map on my 8200NEX. My phone will proceed to connect and then start transferring the map data. It will run for about 15 minutes in the time to complete will increase but it will steadily transfer a little data before disassociating my phone. Has anyone had the same problem? I'm unsure if my phone is getting disassociated because it can't handle all the data it's trying to move to my head unit. Looking for a solution.

Yes.. it's very slow. It took me several attempts to load the update from my iPhone 6 to my NEX8100. My HU kept disassociating my iPhone. Thank goodness it did not start all over. I finally got it to update while I was driving from Miami to NYC. I had to babysit the phone until it finally finished. It took about 5 hours to update from iPhone 6 on a decent LTE network connection.  Like onebyside said USB Stick is the fast way.

• 2 years later...

not to revive an old thread but I was having the same problem on my avic-5201nex unit and so decided to update the firmware then got an error saying "not enough storage" when trying to update maps from the avicsync.  called pioneer and they said "the unit isn't designed to update maps from the phone".  I don't really understand the answer given.