AVIC411.com

So out of nowhere I get the software error message on mu head unit. I have searched and searched with no luck on a fix. I cant send the unit back to pioneer cause I have no paperwork for the head unit. My question is this... Can I take the internal sd card that has the software on it out and replace it with a new one that has the firmware update on it? Im at a loss of what to do, can someone help point me in the right direction.

Anybody? I took the sd card out the unit and it is definitely corrupted I tried three different card readers and it never appears so I cant even get into it. Next im going to put the firmware upgrade on a new sd card and install it to0 see if the head unit comes back to life if that doesn't work in the garbage it goes and I will buy kenwood from now on.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would also like to know if you had an luck with this - I am in the same situation, have been told a new card is £100 fitted by Pioneer service agent but I am out of the country for 3 months and use (used) the app radio everyday !

There must be a way to get a 4GB card and load the software on ?

• 2 weeks later...

Would also like to know if you had an luck with this - I am in the same situation, have been told a new card is £100 fitted by Pioneer service agent but I am out of the country for 3 months and use (used) the app radio everyday !

There must be a way to get a 4GB card and load the software on ?

I'm in the same situation. I have an SD card but I need the backup to install on the card. If I find it I will let you know. 

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I tried upgrading the firmware on my SPH-DA120 from version 1.07 to 1.14 after 2 hours it reached 20% so I had to take the head unit out and connect it to a 12v PC PSU in the home, after 7 hours the update was complete, tested and it was working fine, after fitting it back into the car all I get is the Pioneer logo. It looks like the 4GB internal SD card has become corrupt hence why it also took so long to update the firmware.

Does anyone have a backup image of the SD card so I can restore my unit. SPH-DA120 EU model.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I had the same problem with my AppRadio 4 (SPH-DA120) and found a new SD card with the image on eBay. If anyone is interested, here is a link to the one I bought: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-SD-card-for-the-AppRadio4-SPH-DA120-AVIC-5000NEX/162717730303

I opened up my unit and replaced the old SD card with the one that I bought. My unit is now working  :)

This businessman is trying to sell free air :)You can also click on the "Report item" link on eBay page.