AVIC411.com

4200 NEX Issues/Glitches?

Hello all, I'm new here and new to owning the 4200 NEX.  I've noticed when I start up my car and have the ipod function displayed at start up that the music is ALWAYS paused at first.  It doesn't playing automatically.  Is this a common thing or am I doing something wrong here?  Also, I've noticed that even though my ipod has playlists and songs within the playlists in an order I've specifically put them in, the 4200 NEX is playing the songs within the list alphabetically only.  This is a huge glitch to me and I definitely dislike it.  Any ideas on how to fix these things and has anyone else had these issues?  Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Hello all, I'm new here and new to owning the 4200 NEX.  I've noticed when I start up my car and have the ipod function displayed at start up that the music is ALWAYS paused at first.  It doesn't playing automatically.  Is this a common thing or am I doing something wrong here?

With the iPod plugged in and the music paused, you should see an icon of a car at the bottom.  See my photo demonstrating what to look for.  Tap that icon and you'll get a menu of options for that input.  One of those is "Autoplay" so tap that and toggle from "off" to "on".  That should do the trick!

post-140008-0-81926200-1475857244_thumb.jpg

Also, I've noticed that even though my ipod has playlists and songs within the playlists in an order I've specifically put them in, the 4200 NEX is playing the songs within the list alphabetically only.  This is a huge glitch to me and I definitely dislike it.  Any ideas on how to fix these things and has anyone else had these issues?

I've noticed that the Pioneer will only play back audio tracks in alphabetical order also when playing tracks off my SD card.  Very annoying, I agree.  I just tried with my iPhone and if I access my music using the iPod input selection, I do get my music tracks organized by track number if I select an album.  If I select an artist, then "All Albums", then all tracks do come up in alphabetical order.  So I'm not sure what the problem is in your case.  Make sure you have the current firmware update for your Pioneer.  The most recent one is 1.03 and is what I'm on.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/NEX/AVH-4200NEX

I saw a post elsewhere here where someone resolved some music issues by cleaning up the MP3 tags.  I'm planning to do the same myself later next week when I have some time.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/82530-4200nex-file-browser-and-large-music-overcome-problems/

post-140008-0-81926200-1475857244_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey, thanks so much for replying I'm sorry it's taken me so long to see it. I am having way more issues between the radio and the 5th gen iPod Touch. I'm about to swear off both. I've wasted countless hours trying to learn tagging and embedding tags to fix the alphabetical song order problem. And nothing helps. The ONLY solution seems to be when I tell Siri to play a Playlist, it will play the songs within it in the right order. Tagging makes no difference. Again I have a 5th gen iPod touch and not an iPhone.

As for your picture I don't have the same screen options as you? There is no car with a gear next to it. I also have upgraded the firmware to the latest.

I'm just beyond frustrated. Since getting this unit...

SiriusXM works when it feels like it. I've had to constantly "refresh" my account. It got to the point where I needed to refresh my account each time I tried to use the service. I decided to cancel the subscription seeing as it didn't work half the time and it was wasting my money. I didn't have this issue with the AVH-X5800BHS.

Now the audio will randomly drop out on iPod mode and won't play until I restart the radio. Then it's fine again. The song will be playing and then it will continue to play but there will no longer be audio. It's resolved when I power down the radio and power it back up. This tends to happen quite often.

Also sometimes the radio will act extremely crazy and will change its display for music titles and such. It will say "Music" where the title should be and then the title of the song will be where the artist name should be and so on.

I've also seen the bar at the bottom change completely to where you had really no options to choose from and couldn't go back to the "time" area. "Shuffle" was not available anymore.

When I went out to the car just now and started up the radio it showed the pioneer screen and said loading for a lot longer than usual. Then it showed the NEX splash screen and went back to the Pioneer screen and loading some more. Then the NEX screen and finally the warning screen. A few days ago the radio didn't turn on with the car. I think maybe it's about ready to die lol.

I've called pioneer many times about the song order and the paused music. They blame Apple. And I call Apple and they blame Pioneer. I am very displeased with both companies. I spent $700 on this radio and its crap. It's not even 6 months old yet! As for the iPod it's about a year and a half old and it had its own issues. I feel like companies don't care. All this money spent and I feel like I got the same quality as something out of a bubble gum machine.

post-139594-0-08895800-1480774558_thumb.jpg

post-139594-0-55357300-1480774743_thumb.jpg