AVIC411.com

Backups and Images

I wanted to start a thread of backup files for our stock units and any modified images. If this forum has helped you at all, contribute with your backups as a big thank you!

State full Make/Model of your NEX unit, which firmware version installed at the time of backup, and which files are being uploaded.

Here's my submission:

Pioneer AVIC 6100NEX, firmware version 1.5
NOR Flash and BSP backup: shorturl.at/uLT16

Internal SD card backup: shorturl.at/gBHL2

*Update* Working on getting a new set of files up, these might be corrupt. Standby...

*Update 2* New files uploaded, enjoy!

*Update 3* New Links for google security update.

Edited by Pilotgirlie
Update
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey Pilotgirlie,

Thanks for the links and info. Here's my situation: I bought an AVIC5200 NEX cheap at a store return auction site. Brand new, open box, no wires, etc but sold as is, no returns. Got the unit, put it on the bench to test and I get the  SOFTWARE ERROR screen after the flash screen. Opened it up and found that the internal SD card was missing. My theory is somebody corrupted their own unit during upgrade and rather than opening theirs up to re-flash the card themselves or send it to Pioneer (understandable) they bought another unit, removed the internal card and returned it to the store as DOA. Just a theory.

Anyway I have a couple questions:

1. What size ,type and format is the OEM internal card? I'm think at least 8gig, SDHC,Fat32 but I'd like to duplicate the original card as much as possible.

2. Can I take the Internal SD card backup: http://bit.ly/2k5Y6fz you posted and copy it to a new SD card? Extract and then copy the files I assume?

Thanks for the help.

1. What size ,type and format is the OEM internal card? I'm think at least 8gig, SDHC,Fat32 but I'd like to duplicate the original card as much as possible.

2. Can I take the Internal SD card backup: http://bit.ly/2k5Y6fz you posted and copy it to a new SD card? Extract and then copy the files I assume?

US 5200NEX backup image size is 8 GB. You can buy any decent SD card. Max theoretical SD card read speed used by device is about 25 megabytes per second. No need to format it to fat32 because restoring backup image restores also partitions and filesystems. We have exactly your (5200NEX) backup image.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi all, joined to be one of the supposed many with this error and the means to fix it. 6000nex just installed worked fine, now i here a buzz inside and software error screen then unit powers down. I tried to download avid.img with downloads then errors saying it can't decompress. I have another 8gb card but nothing to go off of and i am unsure the 6100 img i tried is even going to work. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, awesome idea to have a thread gathering all stock backup images for those who have a bricked AVIC like me!

Would anyone happen to have a stock image from an AVIC-F960DAB (EU) ? I am not sure what NEX model corresponds to this one.

Thanks again for your help!