• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 7:39 PM, brazen1445 said:

Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX, firmware version 1.02

Internal SD card backup: https://mega.nz/file/SdJCgKCJ#13zrFlogMCWNohCvuFsDFcC1uniHgufVZJxZlQPHUag

I tried imaging this, but my pioneer unit said this was an AVIC-W8400 software image. Is there anyway you or anyone can DM me either a Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX or a AVH-W4400NEX image file please? I have the former, but the 4400 should work as well.

On 7/20/2020 at 10:22 AM, antoshka said:

ioneer AVH-W4400NEX, firmware version 1.02

Internal SD card backup: https://mega.nz/file/SdJCgKCJ#13zrFlogMCWNohCvuFsDFcC1uniHgufVZJxZlQPHUag

This is an image of the internal sd card of a AVH-W4400NEX. You will need to dissemble the unit to access the card. It is android based receiver so will have a android partition layout.  If you try to copy it to a fat32 formatted card it will fail.

To write the image to a sd card:

1. download zip and extract the img somewhere

I extracted the image to /tmp/AVIC.img

2. find the device name of your sd card 

sudo fdisk -l

Take note of how the SD card is identified.
In my case it is /dev/mmcblk0
3. Write the image to the sd card

dd if=/tmp/AVIC.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1048576

4. insert the card into the receiver and your done

On 7/20/2020 at 11:22 AM, antoshka said:

I tried imaging this, but my pioneer unit said this was an AVIC-W8400 software image. Is there anyway you or anyone can DM me either a Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX or a AVH-W4400NEX image file please? I have the former, but the 4400 should work as well.

that's odd. I used that one on my 4400 and it worked fine. Initially it didn't though, it was either my microsd card or the adapter that the radio didn't like.

I tried a new card and a new samsung adapter, went to disk manager and removed all partitions and created a new simple volume, formatted to ext3 (probably not necessary)

then ran the image with win32 disk imager.

put it in stereo, put everything back together and threw it in the truck, got the nex screen and then loading, and bam, software was up and running.

It was TONS faster with a better sd card. It took probably 4 or 5 seconds to boot up.

Anyway, the image he posted does work on 4400.

I am figuring my error is most likely caused by me. I'm on a mac and have to use Balena instead of win32.

Initially when I put it in the radio did boot up but the touch screen wouldn't work and when I looked up CarPlay or bluetooth on my phone it came up as AVIC-W8400.

I think I'll give it another go with a different SD card.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...