Backups and Images

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/7/2021 at 7:31 PM, nezfotnemom said:

i have a 4500nex in my hands right now but I cant get test mode to load.. anyone? no one wants to help in the slack channel because they sell these on ebay and make money

I have a non working 4500.  Spent the whole day today getting my head wrapped around this whole thing.  I wish I could help but I can't find anywhere to get a testmode script for the 4500.  I tried the slack channel too before find the same as you.  They actually just deleted my posts.

I was able to get my 4500 working with the 4400 image on page 8 but i have no touchscreen. :(

6 hours ago, jamesl75 said:

I have a non working 4500.  Spent the whole day today getting my head wrapped around this whole thing.  I wish I could help but I can't find anywhere to get a testmode script for the 4500.  I tried the slack channel too before find the same as you.  They actually just deleted my posts.

I was able to get my 4500 working with the 4400 image on page 8 but i have no touchscreen. :(

yup unfortunately theyd rather profit off of their fellow members than help a few out

Hey, so I got the sd card for my avh w4500nex from Russia. Again, I had 2 of these radios, one crapped out but the other worked.  So I have a WORKING SD CARD for a AVH W4500 NEX. I will mail it to you, only one condition, It needs to be one of the people that can get this image out to the rest that need it. I don't have a clue how to get it able to backup. I tried the instructions, couldn't get it to do anything with the test files and all that. Maybe I wasn't holding my tongue right or something I will hold on to it. Maybe someone will respond. Send me a message. 

I bought the avh2avid card as well as I just got tired of trying to find the image.  Also, I've had no success in running the backup scripts and such mentioned on this site.  I have learned quite a bit, including the password the card is locked with, how cmd42 works to lock the card and the location of a bunch of images on Mega (not the 4500 though).

I definitely think getting a working 4500 image would be great!  My biggest fear is this new card I bought failing and being right back to where I was :( 

For the SD card, I have a laptop that is able to read the card in Windows without dropping an immediate error however nothing else I try works.  I can't format it, access it, etc.  I think the only way to get the card backed up is to use the instructions here, however I cannot get my unit using the 4400 image to boot into the service mode:

On 1/19/2021 at 2:42 PM, jamesl75 said:

Working Image Links

Here are the image links that seem to be working.  I know for sure the 4400 link works as I am using it on my 4500:

4400: https://mega.nz/file/SdJCgKCJ#13zrFlogMCWNohCvuFsDFcC1uniHgufVZJxZlQPHUag

A bunch of others including 8800, F60, F80, F77, F970, DA120:

https://mega.nz/folder/46ISTKAC#JGj_lJWtP2LvLD1GuaQ8zA/folder/dqIVRSJR

I know a few people had unresponsive touchscreens,  I did too on mine using the 4400 file. 

On 12/6/2020 at 2:45 PM, AkInExile said:

Hey @GettinOld - Anyone volunteer to help you rip your SD card? If not, I could walk you through it. 

(I wish I'd done it earlier... my Pioneer has finally gone down, and I'm searching for a 4500 image without much luck.)

I see a few responded but if you would be able to help me step by step that would be great. Then I’d be able to help otherwise that are in need of a functional 4500 image.  Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...