AVIC411.com

Backups and Images

On 1/18/2021 at 8:44 PM, ruszip1 said:

Hey, so I got the sd card for my avh w4500nex from Russia. Again, I had 2 of these radios, one crapped out but the other worked.  So I have a WORKING SD CARD for a AVH W4500 NEX. I will mail it to you, only one condition, It needs to be one of the people that can get this image out to the rest that need it. I don't have a clue how to get it able to backup. I tried the instructions, couldn't get it to do anything with the test files and all that. Maybe I wasn't holding my tongue right or something I will hold on to it. Maybe someone will respond. Send me a message. 

Were you able to find someone to help and post an image file?  thanks 

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, Can someone help me, I've expanded everything. But I can't find the image for the 8600BT model .. Can you download it here? And with what do I open these files? I hope someone can help me .. The device is brand new, it was around with me for 2 years and the first start and this mistake I'm really pissed off and disappointed.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this group and my Pioneer AVH-X8700BT is stuck on the loading screen during startup. I have managed to remove the internal SD Card and was hoping if someone could share with me the image file for my stereo? 

I am not sure if i need any other files to get my system running again so would appreciate any other files/details for the SD CARD as i have never had this issue before.

Thank you in advance

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/04/2021 at 21:44, francesco said:

Salut les gars, quelqu'un peut-il m'aider, j'ai tout développé. Mais je ne trouve pas l'image du modèle 8600BT .. Pouvez-vous la télécharger ici? Et avec quoi ouvrir ces fichiers? J'espère que quelqu'un pourra m'aider .. L'appareil est tout neuf, il était avec moi depuis 2 ans et le premier départ et cette erreur je suis vraiment énervé et déçu.

bonjour a tous...

as tu trouvé l'image pr le 8600bt?

On 7/23/2020 at 10:42 AM, brazen1445 said:

This is an image of the internal sd card of a AVH-W4400NEX. You will need to dissemble the unit to access the card. It is android based receiver so will have a android partition layout.  If you try to copy it to a fat32 formatted card it will fail.

To write the image to a sd card:

1. download zip and extract the img somewhere

I extracted the image to /tmp/AVIC.img

2. find the device name of your sd card 

sudo fdisk -l

Take note of how the SD card is identified.
In my case it is /dev/mmcblk0
3. Write the image to the sd card

dd if=/tmp/AVIC.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1048576

4. insert the card into the receiver and your done

During an attempt to update my AVH-W4400nex from 1.01 to 1.02 it failed. 

1st attempt was on a mac using balenaEtcher = software error

2nd attempt used a different SD card and windows / win32 it went to the updating 0.00 to 0.00 = fail / repeat on restart

3rd attempt: I followed these instructions with the AVIC.img (yet another SD card) on linux and now its at the "software error" page. Any ideas?

IMG_8060.HEIC IMG_8058.HEIC

Edited by DUNC4N
Added more information.

I have a AVH-4200NEX image, I would like to share as I see so many need it, it’s just under 8GB, can someone suggest what’s the best way to upload it and to what service? I see many use Mega, is that the best option? And will it support me uploading an almost 8GB file?

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2020 at 10:40 PM, ptran said:

Hi
First of all, I would like to thank you very much!
I have 1 Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT
it just shows logo and loading
Do you have files.img for me to download
Thank you very much!

z2088560572159_2a9271a43aad3b1e61175af5e1ba9ccf.jpg

Hi, i have the same problem with AVH-Z9250BT, please help me i need the SO Image, thanks

I ended up buying the firmware needed for my AVH-4200NEX on eBay.  However, it was loaded on another cheap flash card. Unfortunately, I cannot find an ISO image for this model if it goes bad again. 

Does anyone here know how to copy the file images from one compact flash (as source),  onto another compact flash for backup using a PC?

Thanks for any help.