AVIC411.com

Backups and Images

10 minutes ago, Thejip123 said:

it was one from here, by user called honda something had a guide with a link to the sd image

I’m pretty sure that’s a 4400 image because there isn’t a genuine 4500 image on here if there was though I think it would work perfectly with the Z9200DAB. I am also looking for the same as you.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, mickem60 said:

I’m pretty sure that’s a 4400 image because there isn’t a genuine 4500 image on here if there was though I think it would work perfectly with the Z9200DAB. I am also looking for the same as you.

Not 100% sure says 4500nex in system info. thought maybe as 4500 has hd radio and 9200 is dab am/fm they change the hardware and the software changed to suit. using a 4400 image loses touch from what I've read. Most likely end up doing the avh2avic mod when I get hold of the guy that does them.

There are at least 3 different versions with tuners
NA: radio (200Mhz step) + HD radio (built-in tuner) + SiriusXM tuner (external)
EU5: radio (step 50/100 MHz) + DAB tuner (built-in tuner)
UR\ASIA\BR\AU: Radio (50/100 MHz step)

For all versions of AVIC, a 2nd radio tuner is available, which is used in navigation for TMC (traffic)

PS version AVH-Z9x00DAB(EU5) was also sold in AU region.

there are also 3 versions with iDataLink(CanBus) port
only available in NA*\EU5**\UR*** regions.
But the software implementation is different.
NA-MaestroRR
EU5\UR - CAN adapter that displays climate\parking sensors
ASIA\BR\AU - no iDataLink\CanBUS

2 firmware versions available: AVH(8Gb) and AVIC(16Gb)
the difference is only in navigation.
In each firmware, configs are available for all models
firmware from AVH can be run on AVIC. The navigation icon in the main menu will be available, but the navigation will not work, as it is not in the firmware.

AVH2AVIC Version: This is firmware from AVIC-W8600NEX\AVIC-Z930DAB with corrected config for each AVH model.
+ update W4400=>W4500, W8400=>W8500, Z910=>920, Z9100=>Z9200
+WebLink
+ patch for access to the Debug Menu.

There are no differences between x500\x600, only model numbers

Navigation requires iGO activation
Activation is individual for each SD card

*NA - North America
**EU5 - European, also sold in Australia/New Zealand, AVH-Z9100/9200 models only
***UR - Russia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody
in mid-december I had to send my z9200dab for assistance due to problems with the SD card. Being under warranty, they fixed it with no problems. Today I extract the SD card to do a clone/backup without success. The PC does not detect the SD card. How can I fix this or how can I do this clone/backup?
On the Piooner website I found the FW update for the z9100.
If this FW is compatible with my z9200, how can I make it bootable?
thank you all and happy new year

I purchased a Kenwood 9707s after my 4500NEX issues and it’s been as bad of a debacle/experience with my Mazda 6. Can’t use factory backup cam and volume on phone calls and even regular tuners are awful. I’m actually considering going back to a Pioneer wireless CarPlay like the DMH-W4660NEX. Does it have the software/SD card image issues like the AVH-4500NEX?

3 hours ago, easy-e said:

I purchased a Kenwood 9707s after my 4500NEX issues and it’s been as bad of a debacle/experience with my Mazda 6. Can’t use factory backup cam and volume on phone calls and even regular tuners are awful. I’m actually considering going back to a Pioneer wireless CarPlay like the DMH-W4660NEX. Does it have the software/SD card image issues like the AVH-4500NEX?

1 hour ago, bonee said:

I believe it's a flash memory. So no SD card problem. But you also lose DVD drive.

I lost the dvd/cd drive with the 9707s already.  But if it doesn’t die like the 4500, I may switch. It’s on sale at Best Buy as a Total Tech member. At least with the 4500 when it worked, I could listen to music at a decent level, use factory camera, and don’t have to max out volume on a phone call or get static on 1/3 of max volume. I know it’s partly a Bose Amp issue but way worse volume issues with Kenwood and factory Bose amp than Pioneer and factory Bose amp. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...