AVIC411.com

Greetings, I'm new to the site

I'm having a bit of trouble with my stereo and steering wheel module...

my car is a 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan bought used a few years ago, car was completely stock when I purchased.

A few months ago I bought a used Avic Z1 on craigslist, Avic Z1 was unlocked to watch dvd,s while driving, I kept it like that when I installed it to my car.  The Avic Z1 works great I have no issues with the stereo.  NOTE:  factory stereo and steering wheel functions worked great prior.

A few days ago I bought a used SWI-PS steering wheel module on craigslist and started to wire it into my car, I printed installation instructions of the web today and got started by wiring it into my stereo and steering wheel connections.

I found out that I needed to run a two resisters in line with a white wire coming out of SWI-PS to the steering wheel connections.  Installation instructions call for a 47 Ohm resistor and a 150 Ohm resistor, so I ran down to the local electronic store.  purchased 47.5 ohm resistor .5 Watt with a 1%range and a 150 ohm resistor .5 watt with a 5% range.  got these resistors wired in and started to test all connections all connections are correct.  started to follow instructions on how to program module to the Infiniti and the Pioneer stereo.  I follow steps correctly and every thing appears to be working on the steering wheel and in the steering wheel module, but still no functions from the Avic.  I have been repeating all steps over and over today, I reprogrammed the steering wheel module over ten times today, same results.  WHAT AM I MISSING?  I rechecked my connections and they all check out.  a lil frustrated yes for buying used off of craigslist but these components appear to be working great.  also these parts came out of a working Infiniti as well.  when I hit the volume/trackseek buttons on the steering wheel the module LED lights up like it should.  the module blinks the correct interface numbers indicating I am programming a Infiniti. 

Again, looking for a lil help here if any one is willing to ask a few questions.

I'm a HD mechanic so wrenching and diagnosing is normal to me, its work I enjoy and comfortable with doing.

thanks for reading

• 3 weeks later...

Well from the sound of it, you did everything correctly.

Troubleshooting from the manual:

f6a8799316b144b58fc38eb43343e419.png

There are also some compatibility notes on Pac-Audio's website:

• Pioneer AVIC-Fxxx radios do not interpret radio preset seeking commands. This is a limitation of the radio not the SWI-PS. There is no correction for this unless it comes from Pioneer.
  • Pioneer radios with Bluetooth feature, the steering wheel controls will not adjust the phone call volume.  The phone call volume must be adjusted on the face of the radio.  This is a limitation of the radio not the SWI-PS. There is no correction for this unless it comes from Pioneer.
  • Only the AVIC-Z110BT, Z120BT, Z130BT, Z140BH and the AVIC-X920BT, X930BT, X940BT will support the Voice Recognition function via the wired remote input.