AVIC411.com

New car battery.System is asking for password?

No it would not have killed me. Whats up with the aggression?

I did not go in to details since it seems to be kept a secret how to remove the password. The user that helped me got his gratitude in a private message.

You came to the board begging for help, then suddenly clam-up. Nobody gets paid here.  The purpose of this site is to be a community of users, helping other users. So it sounds like you are refusing to even give a hint how you fixed your problem. I'm sure glad you are in the minority.

I'm starting to get the feeling that there are a few vultures who use this board as a source of revenue. If you ran into one of them, don't be silent out of misplaced loyalty. They are selling the work of others. Probably things they learned here. By keeping the knowledge public, you will prevent  others from being victims.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You came to the board begging for help, then suddenly clam-up. Nobody gets paid here.  The purpose of this site is to be a community of users, helping other users. So it sounds like you are refusing to even give a hint how you fixed your problem. I'm sure glad you are in the minority.

I'm starting to get the feeling that there are a few vultures who use this board as a source of revenue. If you ran into one of them, don't be silent out of misplaced loyalty. They are selling the work of others. Probably things they learned here. By keeping the knowledge public, you will prevent  others from being victims.

Seriously RonS, I don't understand why you choose to pick on me. The user before me got a PM that helped him solve the problem. He did not share any information on how it was fixed for him and you didn't jump on him. Chill out a bit, I got the same help that he got and provided about as much information back to the community. I would love to contribute more to the board but my knowledge and skill in programming is quite limited. 

There are several ways to do this - delete database files containing password, reset settings to defaults, use special scripts (some "businessmans" selling this) and so on. You can even rewrite extdata partition or whole sd card to reset password :)

Couldn't find the database files containing the passwords and resetting settings to defaults did not help. I am starting to think that the headunit has more faults than just the password. Thanks anyway for the help!

Couldn't find the database files containing the passwords and resetting settings to defaults did not help.

Database files are located in extdata partition, you can use file manager from testmode to delete them. Other methods (resetting settings for example) are also available from testmode. Information about entering testmode is freely available in development topic on this forum (marked with green PINNED word on first page).

You can also join our groupchat to get help with password reset.

Database files are located in extdata partition, you can use file manager from testmode to delete them. Other methods (resetting settings for example) are also available from testmode. Information about entering testmode is freely available in development topic on this forum (marked with green PINNED word on first page).

You can also join our groupchat to get help with password reset.

I remember that I had issues with the extdata partition, if I am not wrong the folder with the user data is empty on my unit on the extdata partition. Resetting from testmode didn't do anything to remove the password. I have lost my usb drive and am not able to enter the testmode at the moment but will get a new one pretty soon, I will post here any updates on unlocking the unit.

Thanks you for your help I will join the groupchat!

Seriously RonS, I don't understand why you choose to pick on me. The user before me got a PM that helped him solve the problem. He did not share any information on how it was fixed for him and you didn't jump on him. Chill out a bit, I got the same help that he got and provided about as much information back to the community. I would love to contribute more to the board but my knowledge and skill in programming is quite limited.

You mean this one?

Why is this being kept a secret?

So I'm not picking on you.

BTW, I thought you said it was resolved.

Issue got resolved!

You mean this one?

Why is this being kept a secret?

So I'm not picking on you.

BTW, I thought you said it was resolved.

I missed your response but yes that was what I was talking about. Either way sorry if I hurt your feelings not my intention. The situation is kinda resolved, I can access the system but every time power cuts it asks for password which is very annoying.

Hello, i am i new member. i recently had to unplug and replace my truck battery which locked my AVIC-5100 NEX and is asking for my password which I don't remember. can anyone explain the process to unlocking my device? does entering test mode help? how do I get into test mode? thank you in advance....

Hello, i am i new member. i recently had to unplug and replace my truck battery which locked my AVIC-5100 NEX and is asking for my password which I don't remember. can anyone explain the process to unlocking my device? does entering test mode help? how do I get into test mode? thank you in advance....

You can do it by entering test mode and copying and/or deleting the user profile. Grad the test file from here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81469-avic-development-mod-device-backup/%C2%A0for%C2%A0this. copyit to a usb stick, insert to your pioneer HU and start the device. Choose file maintenance and enter the extdata partition look up user and there you have it.

hopefully someone out there can help me. im going crazy in my quiet drive to work every day

avic 6000nex. switched out battery. needs password.

i entered test mode

went into File Maintenance

post-140484-0-19546000-1478752474_thumb.

clicked Storage SD

post-140484-0-48874800-1478752474_thumb.

clicked System

the closest thing to "User" directory i have is "usr"

post-140484-0-73634000-1478752474_thumb.

went into "usr" directory.

i see no "security" directory, therefore cannot find password.

post-140484-0-95782100-1478752474_thumb.

SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE.

(see attached pics of this step by step - Linux Root is highlighted in the 2nd pic because i also searched in every directory in there as well)

• 3 months later...