AVIC411.com

2016 Maps *WORKING* for X850 / X950 / Z150

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried pulling the battery? Or doing a hard reset/factory reset? I am not the most familiar with these things. However, I am not getting these errors.

Ok finally had time to use this.. All updated fine but my maps are still way off!!! I mean it puts me in a feild all the time and never tracks me on the road. I tried to do a manual adjust on location but does not work.. What can I do?

Donation sent too.

Have you tried pulling the battery? Or doing a hard reset/factory reset? I am not the most familiar with these things. However, I am not getting these errors.

If I factory restart won't it erase the new maps I installed? I think the GPS antenna is either not hooked up or just laying behind the dash.

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm the update files work with X950BH. All I did was:

1. Download file and extract to an 8 Gb. microsd which was formatted FAT32

2. Insert the microsd into the head unit.

3. Turn on vehicle. Blank screen for a few seconds and then it updated about 79 files.

4. System rebooted, then prompted that the update would take 45 minutes. Chose OK.

5. Progress bar proceeded for 45 minutes, then said it would reboot.

6. Rebooted and updated a couple of more files.

7. One more reboot and everything working perfectly.

Donation sent, thanks.

caz

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any idea- or know for sure- whether this can be modified to work with older Z-series models by swapping the appropriate file(s)?  [RonS or pionara?]

Thank you SO much!

I won't say it's impossible but it is extremely unlikely. Only the maps would possibly be useful since the 50 series units use a different CPU. Certainly way beyond my skill level. And not worth the effort for someone who is that skilled. After all, the 2015 update isn't that old. Better to wait for the next map update for our units. 

I won't say it's impossible but it is extremely unlikely. Only the maps would possibly be useful since the 50 series units use a different CPU. Certainly way beyond my skill level. And not worth the effort for someone who is that skilled. After all, the 2015 update isn't that old. Better to wait for the next map update for our units. 

OK, got ya- understood...  Thank you so much for the perfect explanation!!

(Actually the map is the part I'm most interested in because there are a lot of fairly new roads & neighborhoods in my zone of travel.  I guess I'll just be waiting a while longer, or if it bothers me enough and I do well at work over the holidays, I'll just buy it myself...)

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, big thanks to OP for this forum post. I bough a 2011 GMC Sierra with a AVIC-X850BT and the old maps/firmware. Followed the steps and update successful. It did take the whole 45mins. After the initial 79 files updated, truck was on, I had to pull out and re-insert SD card for the hard update to initiate. Then the 45min warning came up. Thanks alot...paypal donation sent!

Step 1: Format an 8gb SD card to FAT32. Google it.

Step 2: Download the file, and extract using winrar.

Step 3: Transfer the files you extracted to the SD card.

Step 4: Turn your car on, and insert the SD card into your AVIC head unit.

Step 5: DO NOT TURN YOUR CAR OFF, until the update is complete.

---5A: Had to pullout and re-insert SD Card after initial 79 files updated. (not sure if anyone else had to do this)

Step 6: The update will take approximately 45 minutes.

Step 7: Once update is complete, paypal a donation. - DONE!

Good to hear.

Just fyi, since the instructions are buried a few pages back:

Instructions:

Step 1: Format an 8gb SD card to FAT32. Google it.

Step 2: Download the file, and extract using winrar.

Step 3: Transfer the files you extracted to the SD card.

Step 4: Turn your car on, and insert the SD card into your AVIC head unit.

Step 5: DO NOT TURN YOUR CAR OFF, until the update is complete.

Step 6: The update will take approximately 45 minutes.

Step 7: Once update is complete, paypal a donation.

• 1 month later...
I followed all the instructions. Everything seemed to be fine. First update was perfect, started updating with the 45 minute count down. At 4 minutes remaining, I get a message that said, "Update Failed Due To Unknown Interruption. Press Retry to try again." I pressed it and the counter shows 4 minutes and then goes back to the error message. After four attempts it says to contact Pioneer Service Center with my device ID.

Shoot. Now it won't do anything but say, "no SD card found". 

Is my unit trashed now?

Steve

(PM sent to AVICFAN2016 and nezfotnemom)

What unit do you have?

You might have to get more advanced and use testmode.

When it says no SD card found it means there are no further updates on that card it can use, or that it has flagged those updates as used already.

I would try formatting your SD card and putting the files back on it, then try the update again.