AVIC411.com

2016 Maps *WORKING* for X850 / X950 / Z150

Yes, tried it within Navigation. Still nothing.

I pulled my battery cables for 10 mins, stilll nothing.

Turned sources on/off, nothing.

nezfotnemom, your SD card, are those files in the root directory, or is there a main folder?

From one of your screenshots, they appear to possibly be in a folder called x850x950z150update2016

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys hit the navigation button once it booted up? I was in maps mode when I booted up if that makes a difference?

Hey bud, thank you for sharing and the time you're taking to help out, really appreciate it.

i booted my head unit with the card on and started "updating application" process but after a coupe of minutes it said completed and back to the main screen, software version still shows 1.000, if i place the head unit in source and stick the card it changes to maps on its own but does nothing else.

how do you get to "test mode"?

So using wayback machine, I was able to pull the first update for the Avic-Z150BH, from Pioneer's website.

This file included a testmode.key, and an update to ver 1.03.

When I inserted this into the unit, it rebooted into a simple testmode, "Force Platform Write".

I believe that was what it was called.

It did allow me to push this 1.03 update manually.

Afterwards I placed this testmode.key on my SD card containing the 2016 files.

It did reboot into testmode, however the version info already matched what I had installed, 1.07.

I then tried again using the supertestmode on the 2016 SD card. Same thing.

All the versions matched, 1.07.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Then I tried using a verinfo.dat that was made for older unit, just as a test.

As soon as I inserted the SD card, it immediately said the SD contained the wrong files.

This shows me the unit is actively scanning the SD card.

So something is a miss.

I am pondering if we have the wrong verinfo.dat.

Yes, tried it within Navigation. Still nothing.

I pulled my battery cables for 10 mins, stilll nothing.

Turned sources on/off, nothing.

nezfotnemom, your SD card, are those files in the root directory, or is there a main folder?

From one of your screenshots, they appear to possibly be in a folder called x850x950z150update2016

They are on the root. That folder is just the one on my computer before I xfered them to the microsd and ran the update

So using wayback machine, I was able to pull the first update for the Avic-Z150BH, from Pioneer's website.

This file included a testmode.key, and an update to ver 1.03.

When I inserted this into the unit, it rebooted into a simple testmode, "Force Platform Write".

I believe that was what it was called.

It did allow me to push this 1.03 update manually.

Afterwards I placed this testmode.key on my SD card containing the 2016 files.

It did reboot into testmode, however the version info already matched what I had installed, 1.07.

I then tried again using the supertestmode on the 2016 SD card. Same thing.

All the versions matched, 1.07.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Then I tried using a verinfo.dat that was made for older unit, just as a test.

As soon as I inserted the SD card, it immediately said the SD contained the wrong files.

This shows me the unit is actively scanning the SD card.

So something is a miss.

I am pondering if we have the wrong verinfo.dat.

I can re-pull the files but I mean nothing is going to change...

OK, I'll TOFTT, Ive ordered the updated from Navigation.com

Quantity  Item  Price   Total Price  1 Pioneer MY13 North America 2016: T1000-24302  $ 120.00   $ 120.00     Local Taxes: $ 0.00   Shipping & Handling: $ 29.95   Total:

$ 149.95

So, before I update my 950BH, ill copy the files to somewhere, then update

FYI Here are the steps I took:

When I copied them, I did everything to the nand3 folder (I tried a few others and it would not let me paste), then from there to the SD card (had to copy from maps sd to nand3, take out maps sd, put in my blank sd, then copy from nand3 to blank sd)... Then copy those 29 files from SD to computer folder.

-Booted test mode with blank SD and super test mode(other than test file)

-Pulled blank SD out and inserted MAP SD.

-Copied one folder and it said failed. Went to NAND3 where I copied them and saw that it stopped on file 29.. Repeated the copying stage by copying files 29 at a time. NO issues.

-Screenshot and took pics with phone of all file structures and info.

-Copied all the files every time I did 29 at a time, to my laptop into a folder

-Once all files copied, checked folders/structure and then copied them all to an 8gb card

-Powered unit off. Then inserted card into Device and powered on

-Device booted up, and asked to do an update. Updated 79 files.

-Device rebooted, popped up to maps and asked if I wanted to do the system update, agree to 2 screens

-System went through update, said takes 45 minutes. Took about 35-40.

-Rebooted and it said another update needed. Did 2/2 update and rebooted.

-Device booted up. Noticed it now says Copyright 2016 Pioneer.

-Checked maps and versions, everything update and new maps in place.

ok I have the card, how do I copy it

It depends what you have for connections and which head unit you have.  I have both the AVIC-Z150BH and AVIC-X850BT units, purchased the map update, have a 30 pin iPhone connector -- used to copy file to via USB connection, and Service Mode.  The following are steps I used to copy my files:

1) Boot into Service Mode (a.k.a. test mode)*.

2) Eject SD Card with Service Mode key.

3) Insert Map Update.

4) Connect 8 GB USB drive via 30 Pin iPhone USB connection.

5) Copied the files with Service Mode utilities.

If you have more specific questions, you can PM me.

* Please note: you have a lot of power in Service Mode, as you can delete files that could cause harm to your system, but you can also copy and backup files when testing and experimenting.  The following link is the Service Mode key:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36681-avic-x50-hack-general-topic/page-2&do=findComment&comment=269957

It depends what you have for connections and which head unit you have.  I have both the AVIC-Z150BH and AVIC-X850BT units, purchased the map update, have a 30 pin iPhone connector -- used to copy file to via USB connection, and Service Mode.  The following are steps I used to copy my files:

1) Boot into Service Mode (a.k.a. test mode)*.

2) Eject SD Card with Service Mode key.

3) Insert Map Update.

4) Connect 8 GB USB drive via 30 Pin iPhone USB connection.

5) Copied the files with Service Mode utilities.

If you have more specific questions, you can PM me.

* Please note: you have a lot of power in Service Mode, as you can delete files that could cause harm to your system, but you can also copy and backup files when testing and experimenting.  The following link is the Service Mode key:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36681-avic-x50-hack-general-topic/page-2&do=findComment&comment=269957

Maybe I missed something. Are you saying this media (SD) can't be read from a PC? If it has some non-standard format, I bet some of the free bit copy image backup utilities would make an image. Most hard-drive manufacturers have a free utility to backup storage devices.