AVIC411.com

AVH-4200NEX few questions.

Hi all. 

Picked up AVH4200NEX last week at my local BB for an amazing price along with Pioneer speakers and installation was included in the package.

Now few questions.

Everything will be getting installed next saturday along with maestro RR, pioneer speakers and a backup camera.

I will be using a dash kit for my car and it has 2 USB ports built in, i know 4200NEX also has 2 USB ports in the back.

Now onto the question.

1) I just checked whats in the box and i see that there is only 1 USB cable that came with the 4200. Did i get 1 or did everyone get one? Why is it only 1 cable they include if they have 2 USB ports in the back. I know one for apple and 1 for android, but could i use the free port just for charging random things?

2) Probably a dumb question, but i figured you just never know with todays tech companies. Do i have to use pioneer USB cable included or can i also use something else?

I was just thinking about buying an additional USB cable (since the dash kit will have 2 USB ports) so i can connect both USB ports to the HU.

If someone could help answer/clarify i would appreciate it.

thanks!

1) Yeah you only get 1 b/c pioneer wants to save $$. As for why is one included...to save money again  :mrgreen:

2) No you can use any usb cable you want. USB cables are standard across all tech companies. Depending on your car make/model, you can custom make one to fit your dash. 

Got ya!

Thanks bud...

Going to order an additional usb extension cord.

I will be installing it in a 2011 Mustang 5.0.

I wonder if i will be able to retain the stock USB in the center console.

Got ya!

Thanks bud...

Going to order an additional usb extension cord.

I will be installing it in a 2011 Mustang 5.0.

I wonder if i will be able to retain the stock USB in the center console.

You probably can, but will only know really once you take out your old headunit out of your dash. If you see a usb connector, then you can try reusing that (of course, before fitting all the trim pieces back together, test the functionality of the mic, connected usb's, etc.). If ford has "proprietary connections", then the chances are slim and you most likely would have to solder the OEM wiring to the head of the usb cable you bought (knowing that it may not work, and risks are high). People on http://mustangforums.com/ may have a better idea of doing this.