AVIC411.com

An Install Question - 6100 Series

I did the install using the Axxess XSVI-5524-NAV harness in my 2014 Ford Transit Connect.  When I first turned the system on, everything worked OK, but when I switched to the Map mode, the unit reported that it didn't find the Vss signal, so it would revert to the hybrid mode.  This was evidently caused because I had the switch in the Accessory position and not the On position and the 'brainbox' with the harness doesn't output the Vss signal in the Accessory position

My question is . . . . will the unit recognize and make use of the Vss signal when it's present or, will I have to pull the fuse and reinitialize everything with the switch on the On position so the Vss is present when the Map mode is first initialized?  -  If it did this once I started driving, it didn't give any indication

I would just pull the fuse and start over, but that involves taking the dash apart (don't ask!) and I don't care to go through that if I don't need to

Thanks!

Don