AVIC411.com

AVIC-N4 and new iPod Classic

Just attached the new ipod classic to my new N4 and it wont play music, video or anything. It seems to recognize that the ipod is attached, but nothing will work. I tired it with an older ipod, and everything, including video, worked fine. Does anyone have any info on why it wouldn't be working?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the new N4 and am having problems with my iPod (160Gig Classic) also.

It shows up as being available in the AV menu and when selected the iPod display appears saying the iPod is ready. But the word Menu on the left is grayed out. I can't select anything. I only have music (MP3s) on the iPod for now.

I have tried updating the iPod firmware and have reset the N4 but to no avail. Eventually I get an "Error AO".

Any ideas.

TIA

Has anybody gotten this to work? Playing my ipod is very important to me - I just bought a new ipod so I could listen with the new interface in the Avic N4 - and it won't work! I get the same ERROR A0 with the new ipods. My old 3G ipod works fine but not the new 80 Gig black that I bought on Friday.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks whtcrxghst. I am debating to just wait it out. I just bought the ipod yesterday, had the freaking cable installed and...it doesnt work. :?

Oh well...I figure it at least gives me time to start the lengthy and often confusing task of ripping over 500 cds and dvds....onto a hardrive and then to the ipod. This has been my plan. I get tired of dragging a huge cd/dvd pack with me everywhere (even if it sits in my car most of the time) plus it just makes sense to back it all up.

If you guys have any other ideas (or tips and tricks) on the best way to take full advantage of the N4......please pass them along.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...