AVIC411.com

SPH-DA120 Radio Frequency Odd to Even Solution

Hello Everyone,

I stumbled upon this forum after looking for a solution for my problem. Really hoping someone would help me with a solution.

I Recently purchased a SPH-DA120 (AppRadio 4) from Canada to be installed in my car in my country Bangladesh. While everything else works fine, I realized after installation that the FM Radio was not able to catch the local stations. Only after googling I find out that the US frequencies are ODD and Europe/Asia frequencies are even. The Radio Scanner is only catching the Odd frequencies and there is no option to manually give an input to change it back to even.

So I was hoping to find a solution for this. Will changing the firmwire to the one of Europe work? Is there any other work around?

Any kind of help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance

The firmware is the same for US and European units, e.g. V1.11. There are some resistors on the pcb which tell the radio if it's for the US, European or other market. I think you have to change these. There is some internal uCOM firmware which you have to change, too (a little bit more complicated). Maybe this works without changing the resistors.

uCOM firmware for US units SPH-DA120/XNUC5 V8.57: ME_QC16039A_321UC.zip - PEQ321_UC_v0857

uCOM firmware for EU units SPH-DA120/XNEW5 V8.57: ME_QC16039A_320EW.zip - PEQ320_EW_v0857

Use the forum search function for additional informations.