AVIC411.com

GPS Pioneer Issue. Virtually stuck in Virginia!

Product: Pioneer AVIC 5000 NEX

No problems occurred until two days ago.

I had returned to the shop that installed it, because the steering wheel controls (pick up/hang up calls/home) would not work. The tech stated that the controls got unplugged somehow.

I then requested a mirror for my Waze app. He then installed a Dualcast Wifi A/V dongle and a HDMI to A/V adapter cable.

We go outside to test it. It freezes upon launch of AirPlay mirroring. He insists that upon next Apple update, the stream will be much better.

Problem: After this, I still needed a navi to commute to VA and back to MD. So I switch back to Apple CarPlay to use the Pioneer navigation system. En route to VA, it worked fine. On my way back from VA, the GPS would not update my position!! I could be in DC or MD and the GPS still insists I'm in VA. While remaining plugged in to Apple CarPlay, my iPhone also insists that I'm in VA on any GPS app! When I unplug my iPhone, the Pioneer app remains wrong and my phone GPS apps go back to normal.

The shop was closed early yesterday and isn't open today either.

Please help.

1. I tried a reset of the Pioneer unit.

2. I tried syncing Pioneer's navi app AVICSYNC.

3. I checked for proper sources (Pandora and Aux).

4. I tried the mirror again with proper sources selected (A/V and Bluetooth). (It still freezes).

5. 5000 NEX and iPhone are updated to the latest firmware/iOS updates.

No luck.

Seems like this forum doesn't get much action.

Anyways, I turned the location services off in my iPhone and did a reboot. When that didn't work, I went ahead and "reset location."

And when that didn't work, I selected to "reset all settings."

General > Settings > Reset

My GPS on the Pioneer started to work almost normal

again but every now and then the iPhone would act up.

Confirmed an iPhone issue.

I hope this helps anyone who ever encounters the problem like I did. I'll be in to get a new iPhone soon, because this was just horrible.