AVIC411.com

8200NEX Spotify?

Does anyone know if it's possible to get Spotify on the 8200NEX (they have Pandora out of the box, but I'd prefer Spotify).

I know I can get to Spotify via CarPlay or Android Auto, but I'd prefer a wireless option.

I also know I can stream Spotify via Bluetooth, but it would be ideal to get the Spotify app integration (like Pandora) with the NEX unit.

Thank you.

• 5 months later...

BY wireless, what do you mean?  I can use CarPlay fine and also I can just use Bluetooth and then load Spotify.

That technically is wireless, so maybe try that...both work great.

Android auto will be going wireless in some cars soon.  

But the OP means he can just keep the phone in his pocket and the head unit will automatically connect and browse spotify playlists and play songs.  Currently, he has to plug in the USB cable, which is a whole nother step, and AA/carplay limit what you can do on your smartphone while using it for spotify.  

• 4 weeks later...

Well that depends on your phone. With my note 7 sometimes If I was streaming Spotify in the car the next time I got in it would automatically start back up and play where it left off. With the iPhone 7 it almost always starts back up where I left off when I get back in the car through Bluetooth. Now you can't browse you play list or anything but it's better than nothing.

• 1 month later...

One pet peeve of mine is that when my phone is plugged into the unit, the album art for Google play music shows, but not for spotify (through usb2 android). I don't mean when android auto is running, I mean on the actual pioneer interface. Does everyone else have this issue?

One pet peeve of mine is that when my phone is plugged into the unit, the album art for Google play music shows, but not for spotify (through usb2 android). I don't mean when android auto is running, I mean on the actual pioneer interface. Does everyone else have this issue?

There are a number of cases where on my iPhone using BlueTooth or USB1, I don't get album art.  Then, it may start showing, depending on the source/app. Bugs me too, but I've decided not to worry about it as I don't have the time.

I keep hoping to see new firmware that might do the trick, but nothing yet has made this 100 reliable.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get Spotify on the 8200NEX (they have Pandora out of the box, but I'd prefer Spotify).

I know I can get to Spotify via CarPlay or Android Auto, but I'd prefer a wireless option.

I also know I can stream Spotify via Bluetooth, but it would be ideal to get the Spotify app integration (like Pandora) with the NEX unit.

Thank you.

Same issue.  I purchased the unit because it has Spotify integration.  I hope someone can help.

The 8200 only has Pandora. It does not have Spotify as a source. Last years (2016) 3800-5800 models and this years avhx390bs and 490bs have Spotify as a source. You can only use Spoitfy on your 8200 via BT or with CP or AA.