AVIC411.com

AVIC X930BT background lights (around the knob) out

Hello,

I just removed my AVH3200 BT & U220, and installed a X930BT and used the same wiring harness.

The AVH3200 BT worked flawlessly.  The AVIC X930 BT works nearly perfectly.  The only issue that it has is that the lights behind the buttons are out.  EVERYTHING else works perfectly.  The LCD Screen, navi, and everything are functioning well, but just the background lights are out around the knob. I hooked the unit up on my bench and the lights came on, but not after i installed it.

I figured that the hookups were the same since the plug was the same.  

I'm wondering if the AVH3200BT does not need the orange wire hooked up and the X930BT does... I wired the AVH3200 4 years ago, so I don't remember if I hooked it up or not.

Thanks

Dave

Hello,

I just removed my AVH3200 BT & U220, and installed a X930BT and used the same wiring harness.

The AVH3200 BT worked flawlessly.  The AVIC X930 BT works nearly perfectly.  The only issue that it has is that the lights behind the buttons are out.  EVERYTHING else works perfectly.  The LCD Screen, navi, and everything are functioning well, but just the background lights are out around the knob. I hooked the unit up on my bench and the lights came on, but not after i installed it.

I figured that the hookups were the same since the plug was the same.  

I'm wondering if the AVH3200BT does not need the orange wire hooked up and the X930BT does... I wired the AVH3200 4 years ago, so I don't remember if I hooked it up or not.

Thanks

Dave

My only suggestion is to check your harness wiring to the car's lights. If you don't have a x930 installation manual, you can probably download it from the Pioneer site. I'm guessing either the harness pin-out is different or the illumination wire (orange/white) isn't connected.

BTW, I wouldn't assume that your old power connector is the same pin-out as the X930. There are often differences even with similar units. If you have the correct x930 cable (should of come with the unit), check pin location for the orange/white wire. If you don't have the correct x930 cable - you can buy one from Pioneer, Amazon,  or ebay (google CDP1307).

You can do a Backlight and Illumination Test in Testmode (7. Monitor Testmode). 

I

My only suggestion is to check your harness wiring to the car's lights. If you don't have a x930 installation manual, you can probably download it from the Pioneer site. I'm guessing either the harness pin-out is different or the illumination wire (orange/white) isn't connected.

BTW, I wouldn't assume that your old power connector is the same pin-out as the X930. There are often differences even with similar units. If you have the correct x930 cable (should of come with the unit), check pin location for the orange/white wire. If you don't have the correct x930 cable - you can buy one from Pioneer, Amazon,  or ebay (google CDP1307).

You can do a Backlight and Illumination Test in Testmode (7. Monitor Testmode). 

In test mode.  I tried everything in #7.  No luck.  Everything turned white, and then blue, so I was almost home free.

I put all the plugs back in and everything worked.  I then installed it and the lights went out again.

I actually went through all 60 something, but didn't touch what I wasn't familiar with.

No matter what I do, I cannot get the led lights to stay on.  It wouldn't be such a big deal, but the buttons around the knob are impossible to see at night.

I also like having a unit that works completely.  The update took without any issue.