AVIC411.com

reboot on start

Hi guys... new to the site and did some searching but still cant seem to find an answer... Anyway.. recently inherited an AVIC 6100nex by buying a new car. however everytime i restart the car, the unit reboots and asks setup questions like which language is desired. don't think this is normal, also the radio wont keep any of my settings ie EQ, speed settings, etc... any idea whats going on? 

Hi guys... new to the site and did some searching but still cant seem to find an answer... Anyway.. recently inherited an AVIC 6100nex by buying a new car. however everytime i restart the car, the unit reboots and asks setup questions like which language is desired. don't think this is normal, also the radio wont keep any of my settings ie EQ, speed settings, etc... any idea whats going on? 

I don't know much about that unit, but it sounds like it wasn't installed correctly. There typically are two power wires. One wire (probably red) is to be connected to a switched 12v and is used solely to trigger the unit on/off with the ignition. The other wire (probably yellow) is supposed to be connected to an always on 12v circuit. This is the main power for the unit and it will allow the unit to retain settings. Sounds like you have both these wires connected to a switched circuit. In that case, your unit will do a factory reset every time you start-up. This is just a guess. BTW, if you don't have an installation manual, you can download one from the Pioneer web site.

• 3 years later...

Hi Ashseward and RonS, I  am experiencing the same problem what was your solution?

I just posted this on the forum:

Hi, I have a Pioneer AVIC-6200NEX unit. I installed it and it works great, except each time I start up the vehicle, the unit starts from scratch and goes to select language then smartphone setup then to GPS setup for navigation searching for the time and initializing. I have double checked the yellow 12v constant power, troubleshooted by hitting the restore button, a hard reset pushing the small bottom on top with a pen, then unplug everything, bring into my garage with a free standing car battery and hooked up same thing, I have a voltmeter on all wires they are correct, with everything all shut off and using the voltmeter negative lead touching the metal chassis of the stereo unit it reads 12.02 volts on the meter so it is getting constant 12v if the off position with just the yellow 12v wire connected and the black ground wire connected. I downloaded and updated firmware twice along with bluetooth firmware. I also shut off the demo mode.  Checked the fuse in the back of the unit it is good and replaced it for a different fuse I had, same thing.  I swapped the red ACC wire with the yellow 12v wire as some suggested, same thing.  I tried everything, anyone know any solutions? Possible a bad unit, if I take off the cover is there something to look for or replace, any software settings or hidden menus, like go into the BIOS? look for a pinched cable or bad capacitor, etc. Do you know any help I appreciate. Joe