AVIC411.com

2006 Toyota Camry AVIC D1 VSS Wire 2002-2006 w/ PICTURES

First of, thank you to all who post here. I just bought my AVIC a few days ago and this forum was truly a great source for information from people WAY more experienced than I am at this type of stuff. Hopefully someone else can use this post when they perform a similar install.

This should all be the same for 2002-2006 Toyota Camry SE, LE, XE, and XLS

Install:

Very easy install. Take a medium sized flat head screwdriver to pop off the AC control panel being careful not to scare the trim around the A/C Control panel. Next, pop off the encasing around the stock radio. Then remove the (4) 10mm bolts hold that hold in the factory radio and then remove the stock OEM brackets which will then be used on the AVIC D1, D2, D3.

**Take note, the OEM brackets have 3 holes that bolt on the brackets to the side of the factory radio. These holes only line up 2 of 3 on the AVIC (D1 anyways) but still works fine and are very sturdy. I get no vibration or mounting errors in the hardware info install position detector.

How to wire the harness is self explanatory. You should use just about every wire on the provided harness except the Blue "power antenna" wire. At least in the 2006 models, the antenna is integrated into the front window above and around the rear view mirror, but the wire for the antenna is standard and plugs directly into the Avic D1.

VSS Wire:

The location of this wire is right above the radio position. In the wire harness bundle that goes to the clock. The color is purple/white. Splice into this and connect to the pink VSS wire on the D1 power harness.

I used the following wire harness and dash kit:

-Wire harness from www.bestkits.com "BHA1761" 2002-2006 Camry

-Dash kit from Circuit City: "Metra Double Din kit" (bought @ Circuit City) 2002-2006 Camry

The Bypass & Motion hack linked to another thread below. Very simple to do for the D1.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7656

Pictures:

dsc02681aaaasm1.jpg

dsc02682aaaaul9.jpg

dsc02686aaaafa0.jpg

dsc02692aaaabr1.jpg

dsc02699aaaazd4.jpg

Words for forum search engine: 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2002-2006 Toyota Camry SE LE XE XLE XLS AVIC-D1 AVIC D1 D2 D3 VSS wire Purple/white purple white factory stock metra BHA1761 install pictures picture

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have a 2005 Camry LE and I'm trying to find the parking brake wire. I recently purchased a AVIC-F7010 and most of the wiring is complete except the parking brake wire.

The forum & vehicle specific info was very helpful! Thanks

Shree

• 8 months later...

I tired doing exactly the same thing... connected it to the purple wire and i even tested it with a multimeter while driving to check if the voltage fluctuated which it did. although interestingly when the car was stopped it read quite a high voltage compared to when it started to move. Is this normal? I am using dafitias mod and turned the GPS to check if my car speed to revert to using the VSS signal... but it didnt the speed stayed at zero indicating that the VSS wasnt functioning correctly. Is it that all VSS signals are unique depending on the car and that its having a difficult time detecting it?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...