AVIC411.com

X930BT has new update, but bluetooth no longer functions correctly

I updated to the 6.0 with the 2015 maps, but now my One plus 3 can no longer connect to the X930BT.  

I used 

Then extract the files, copy UPDATE, FIRMWARE, and CardInfo.CIF to the root of a freshly formatted FAT32 SD, and insert it into your unit.

Any ideas??  

Thanks in advance

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I updated to the 6.0 with the 2015 maps, but now my One plus 3 can no longer connect to the X930BT.  

I used

Then extract the files, copy UPDATE, FIRMWARE, and CardInfo.CIF to the root of a freshly formatted FAT32 SD, and insert it into your unit.

Any ideas??  

Thanks in advance

Try disconnecting the car battery for a couple minutes. Many BT phone problems are cured by this reset after an update.

Thanks Ron. Unfortunately it did not help.

The media audio refuses to let me check it, and if it does (via getting lucky and not having the media sharing long with phone audio and media audio), it turns off after a few seconds.

I'm assuming you've tried deleting the pairing on the phone, then re-pairing.

Do you know what software version you had before updating to v6.0? After installing the 6.0 update, did you manually update the BT software? 

Some people were able to resolve BT issues by installing older BT versions. I know there's a thread with a link to were to get it.   I don't know, off the top of my head, what the version numbers are.

Hi Ron,

I had 3.000.   

I'm not sure how to downgrade to a different BT.  I keep seeing 3.32, but mine is 3.22.2.

All I know is that I cannot get bluetooth.

Any advice would be appreciated.  

Thanks for taking the time to help

So it sounds like you never updated your BT drivers. It is a manual step after you update the maps. V5 and V6 maps come with 3.32. Go to Settings/Bluetooth Settings/Firmware Update.

If you decide to back out of that, see this old post:

Since you didn't give any information about your HU, I can only guess. This BT streaming audio problem seems to have started with Android 5 (Lollipop). I don't think v6 (Marshmallow) improved the issue. There seems to be some incompatibility with the newer Android BT versions and AVIC head units. I recall someone with this problem stated that loading an older version of the AVIC BT firmware fixed the issue (but I think some other functionality was lost). You could try the older 2012 BT firmware by downloading and extracting CNSD-310-FM then copy the FIRMWARE directory to an empty SD (no Testmode.key). Insert into your HU, go to Settings/Bluetooth Settings/Firmware Update and install.  If it doesn't fix your problem, you can always reload the newest firmware. I figure its worth a shot. BTW, it appears that the latest AVIC 2015 map upgrade has the same BT firmware as 2013. 

Hi Ron,

Again, my deepest apologies.  You are so wonderful to help and all input has been greatly appreciated.

Please consider removing that last post where I was acting like an idiot.

I upgraded the firmware to the 3.32, but no change.  I'm going to try the downgrade to see where that takes me.

I have a One Plus 3 with the 7.0 Nouget, with Experience Rom v1.0  (Oxygen OS Version OP3_O2_Open_9)

Downgrade completed and disconnected battery for 30 minutes. No change.

No media audio still.

It doesn't appear that I can go back to 3.00, is that correct?

You mean v3.x of the Nav software? Possibly. From what I understand, when you insert an update SD, the system checks the version number and only proceeds if the SD contains a newer version. Some have used Testmode  "Force Write" load older software. I've never done that so I can't help. 

And from another post I got the impression that you have already tried the simpler method to revert to the previous installation - by deleting or creating (as the case may be) the PRG.FLG file in USER. 

But before you do anything, have you tried powering off and on your phone? Even removing the battery for a few minutes (if possible with your phone). I know this has solved the issue for some people (IIRC iPhones - but who knows?).

Otherwise, I'm about out of ideas. Sorry. It would be interesting to know if anyone else with your make/model phone is having issues. It sounds like you are running a custom ROM, so that may complicate things.

Good afternoon Ron, and Happy New Year to you and yours.

I did not delete the PRG.FLG file in user. I didn't know I was supposed to.

I do have a custom rom on my one plus 3.

It did work fine, and all media, phone and contacts worked properly with the 3.xx. The problems started after the 6.0 upgrade

Good afternoon Ron, and Happy New Year to you and yours.

I did not delete the PRG.FLG file in user. I didn't know I was supposed to.

I do have a custom rom on my one plus 3.

It did work fine, and all media, phone and contacts worked properly with the 3.xx. The problems started after the 6.0 upgrade

There are two separate copies of the software on the unit. Under User, there are folders named PRG0 and PRG1. If your unit has never been updated, they are both identical. Updating to v6 should of overwritten only one of them. The boot loader chooses which one to run using the presence or absence of a file in USER called PRG.FLG. If this file doesn't exist, the loader uses the files in PRG0. If it does exist, it uses PRG1.

To use the backup copy:

1. On your PC create a file called PRG.FLG using any method you like. If usually is 0 length but it really doesn't matter
  2. Copy this file to your SD along with testmode.key. Having a PRG.FLG file handy is just in case you need it below.
  3. Boot your headunit into TestMode and go into File Maintenance.
  4. Navigate into User.
  5. If PRG.FLG already exists, delete it. Otherwise copy PRG.FLG from your SD into USER
  6. Don't do anything else - Testmode is dangerous
  7. Remove the SD and restart your headunit.

That's it. You should now be running on your backup firmware. Check in the settings to see. IDK which version of the BT firmware will be running. You may need to reload it from the method in my previous post.

Sorry for any typos - hangover.

Thanks so much for everything.

I made it as far as going into user.

It will only allow me to add the PRG.FLG into one of the existing files. It won't let me paste into the file itself.

It has PRG0, PRG1, RW, Setup, and System..

Am I missing something? Enter, All, and Help are the only things that I can use in the path:

User

>..

Thanks so much for everything.

I made it as far as going into user.

It will only allow me to add the PRG.FLG into one of the existing files. It won't let me paste into the file itself.

It has PRG0, PRG1, RW, Setup, and System..

Am I missing something? Enter, All, and Help are the only things that I can use in the path:

User

>..

So it sounds like you don't have the USER/PRG.FLG file and are having problems with TestMode.

First, make sure you have the correct Testmode.key. There are a few floating around and some won't allow pasting. I'm attaching one that works.  Be sure to unzip it first.

Sounds like you need remedial TestMode training. It is a very clumsy user interface - to say it mildly. There are several videos on Youtube that cover copying and pasting files. JASONH did an early one (WARNING - he refers to Hackmode  but he is demonstrating Testmode. Never install Hackmode) I really don't have the time or patience to turn this into a Testmode tutorial.  There are already several around AVIC411.

SUPERTESTMODE.zip

You had that right. Mine was bad. Yours allowed me to successfully add PRG.FLG

Path:USER

>..

VOLUME

PRG0

PRG1

RW

SETUP

SYSTEM

PRG

After doing great this, there was still no change. Do I delete one of the PRG0 or PRG1 files?

First, those are directories (folders), not files. Unless its a typo, you still don't have a PRG.FLG file. And never delete anything unless you are told to. It's a good idea to make a copy to SD of everything in USER - just in case.