AVIC411.com

X930BT has new update, but bluetooth no longer functions correctly

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per your previous:

There are two separate copies of the software on the unit. Under User, there are folders named PRG0 and PRG1. If your unit has never been updated, they are both identical. Updating to v6 should of overwritten only one of them. The boot loader chooses which one to run using the presence or absence of a file in USER called PRG.FLG. If this file doesn't exist, the loader uses the files in PRG0. If it does exist, it uses PRG1.

Am I supposed to go into the PRG0 and PRG1 folders and look for PRG.FLG files?

Per your previous:

There are two separate copies of the software on the unit. Under User, there are folders named PRG0 and PRG1. If your unit has never been updated, they are both identical. Updating to v6 should of overwritten only one of them. The boot loader chooses which one to run using the presence or absence of a file in USER called PRG.FLG. If this file doesn't exist, the loader uses the files in PRG0. If it does exist, it uses PRG1.

Am I supposed to go into the PRG0 and PRG1 folders and look for PRG.FLG files?

No, if present it should be a file in the USER folder. You seem to be using terminology in a non-standard way, and it is confusing the situation. A folder (also called a directory on many computer systems) contains zero or more files or other folders. A file can be anything that you want. It can be empty or contain  binary data, text, music, pictures, or anything else that needs to be kept.

So if there was no file called PRG.FLG in USER (which also contains the folders PRG0, PRG1, and some others), you need to copy the one from your SD into the USER folder on the AVIC. That may be what you did, but from your description I couldn't tell.

After that is done, remove the SD and restart your unit. It should load normally. Then, go into Settings/System Settings/System Information, and see what the version is for Application.

Also check what your Bluetooth version is. I don't remember if it is on that screen, you my have to go into Bluetooth Settings.

Sorry to be confusing.

Let me phrase it this way.

I installed the sd card with the proper testmode that you sent me.

I turned the knob to user and clicked on the button below the knob.  The only things I saw in User was:

Volume

PRG0

PRG1

RW

SETUP

SYSTEM

From there, per your prior instructions, I added the PRG.FLG (it only shows as PRG), to the User list and it showed up under SYSTEM.  It is empty.

There never was PRG.FLG in the original list.

The list now looks like this

Volume

PRG0

PRG1

RW

SETUP

SYSTEM

PRG

I did not add the PRG0 and PRG1 to this new PRG.FLG  (folder/file that is under System in the list above)

I restarted the unit and there is no change.

Here are my screens

th_IMG_20161228_1101151_zpslboo0xps.jpg

th_IMG_20170102_1054071_zpswjbcfhlo.jpg

th_IMG_20170102_1051221_zpsgylpixvw.jpg

th_IMG_20170102_1051021_zpsjrd2fjz9.jpg

th_IMG_20170102_1050411_zpshlvtw1qc.jpg

th_IMG_20170102_1050261_zpskwpupurx.jpg

Sorry to be confusing.

Let me phrase it this way.

I installed the sd card with the proper testmode that you sent me.

I turned the knob to user and clicked on the button below the knob.  The only things I saw in User was:

Volume

PRG0

PRG1

RW

SETUP

SYSTEM

From there, per your prior instructions, I added the PRG.FLG (it only shows as PRG), to the User list and it showed up under SYSTEM.  It is empty.

There never was PRG.FLG in the original list.

The list now looks like this

Volume

PRG0

PRG1

RW

SETUP

SYSTEM

PRG

I did not add the PRG0 and PRG1 to this new PRG.FLG  (folder/file that is under System in the list above)

I restarted the unit and there is no change.

Here are my screens

I don't know what you are doing wrong, but I can tell from the pic of your USER directory you did something wrong. It shows a directory <DIR> called PRG. I'm attaching a photo of my screen. Notice mine shows a file called PRG.FLG

It must be either how you are creating the file on your PC (it is a PC correct?), or how you copied and pasted it in USER.

I am also attaching a file you can use for PRG.FLG. You have to unzip it (for some reason I can't upload the file as-is). Copy it to your SD and try again. I hope you didn't destroy anything in PRG0 or PRG1.

post-43400-0-29321600-1483379197_thumb.jpg

PRG.zip

Again Ron, you are so generous with your time, and I can't thank you enough for your help. I will report back after I try your zip file.

Quickly, my folder/file that says PRG, that I added to the user field did say PRG.FLG when I created it. The program shortened it to PRG when I copy and pasted it to that screen. When I clicked into it, it says PRG.FLG as it shows at the top of the one photo.

Regardless. I'll try your zip and report back.

I did not touch either PRG0 or PRG1. They are as they have been from day 1

Ok.. Getting closer.

I copied the PRG.FLG file and the testmode that you sent me onto a formatted sd card.  I can copy the PRG.FLG file without issue as a + sign shows up next to the file, but when I try to paste the PRG.FLG file into the the path:USER\, all of the options are greyed out except for ENTER, ALL, and HELP

Here are my photos.  They each ungrey if I select any folder inside of USER, but will not let me add it to the lineup

th_IMG_20170102_1510101_zpso4dbnonu.jpg

th_IMG_20170102_1510421_zpswlexyqqw.jpg

th_IMG_20170102_1510481_zpslpci9z3k.jpg

th_IMG_20170102_1510531_zpsaivtn6hu.jpg

th_IMG_20170102_1510581_zpsha53krfc.jpg

th_IMG_20170102_1511021_zps2cxo1hse.jpg

th_IMG_20170102_1511071_zpsiqyia7xn.jpg

th_IMG_20170102_1512431_zps3uml5n9b.jpg

I have a Z series unit, which has different buttons. So Testmode works differently (no volume knob and the other buttons on the bottom). I'm sure it is just a problem with you understanding how this lousy user interface works. I just made a video showing how to do this on my Z110. Looks like the "command bar " at the bottom doesn't show up very well when it is highlighted, but it should be pretty obvious what I'm doing with my narration.

Test Mode Copy Paste video

If you get an error trying to play the link directly, download it (there's a down arrow on the right-top) and use whatever player you have.

I guess I have to assume that both of my PRG (PRG0 & PRG1) files have the 6.0??

I'm dying to get this sorted out once and for all.

Sounds like it. Did you install 6.0 more than once?I don't know how that could happen.  I didn't think it would do anything if the version is the same, but maybe not.

I highly recommend backing up everything at USER and below. Use an 8GB SD. Just select USER and Copy, then go to the SD and Paste.

This is both as a precaution and to allow easier comparisons to the files. 

BTW, are you initiating the BT pairing from the headunit or the phone? In one case you make the phone discoverable and look for it from the headunit BT settings menu. But you can also do it the other way. IDK if it makes a difference, but worth a try. I had similar issues a few years ago but I don't remember what fixed it. But I still always let the HU boot and connect to the phone before using any BT audio or Pandora app. That always seemed to work.

BTW, both the HU and the phone have settings for BT audio and phone. Make sure they are both ON on both sides..

OK.. It appears that both PRG0 and PRG1 are exactly the same on the sd card.

I'm not sure how that happened, as I only did one upgrade.

Is it possible for me to remove PRG0 (or PRG1), and add a different update to one of them??

If so, which one would I use.....I have the 3.001 and 3.002 downloaded.. I have 2013 maps and 2015 maps

I also have AVIC Z130 zip also

If you plan on doing anything, keep that backup SD. I know there is a way to use testmode to "force write" different versions. You can try researching that, but I have no experience with it. I don't think you can just copy the files from a previous version into one of the PRGn directories.

I've exhausted my knowledge on this. Maybe someone else can help. Good luck. 

Oh, those 3.00x things are just patches for bug fixes. So they are missing major pieces of the 3.0 software,