AVIC411.com

X930BT has new update, but bluetooth no longer functions correctly

UPDATE!!

So I reinstalled the 3.32 BT and suddenly the Bluetooth audio is working, and I mean EVERYTHING.  AHA, Pandora, and phone music...

Relieved.  Yesterday the system remembers everything and I don't have to do anything but hit play on my phone music.

Today I am driving and enjoying a little Pink Floyd and I stop at Home Depot.  I come back out and the unit will not pair again with the phone.  The password code keeps popping up.  Finally it realizes the password code,but again I cannot check the media audio, nor can I connect via bluetooth from the HU..

Is this thing haunted???  Just when I was really enjoying it..

Darn..........

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

I updated to the 6.0 with the 2015 maps, but now my One plus 3 can no longer connect to the X930BT.  

I used 

Then extract the files, copy UPDATE, FIRMWARE, and CardInfo.CIF to the root of a freshly formatted FAT32 SD, and insert it into your unit.

Any ideas??  

Thanks in advance

Never mind :) sorry for the noise

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I know this is ancient (electronic) history, but, this might help someone....

I've followed the bluetooth drama of wascapsfan for a long time.  It had me reluctant to perform the firmware BT firmware update to 3.32.  I had an iphone 7, and bluetooth pairing worked after doing the application update to application version 4.46 many years ago.

I did none of the map updates because I just found the mapping via Google maps, then apple's maps easier - and verbal real-time navigation prompts eventually got nearly perfect on Apple.

Recently got the iphone 15 and BT pairing no longer worked. Tried all the pairing permutations and resets, reboots, battery tricks, but no luck.

So, got a microSD (again) and followed the steps for the BT update. (FAT32, 16 GB)

Slight difference, my HU is X940BT.

Viola, worked perfectly, much improved pairing speed, no more hit and miss attempts, IMG_8597b.thumb.jpg.fe95448cf8fe7ae622d5442fd303dcc2.jpgall the phone stuff worked perfectly as well.  As old as this HU is, this renewed my appreciation for it. Need to get a lightning to USB-C adapter for a hard wired connection / charging, but now I wish I'd upgraded the BT firmware long ago. lol

My days of being an early adopter of new tech are kind of over, now I'm all about keeping old tech alive. :) Many thanks to the incredibly helpful and patient masters, enthusiasts, etc. on these boards.

IMG_8600.jpg