AVIC411.com

Is it possible to copy and paste a program to PRG1 or PRG0 on AVIC x930BT

I updated from 3.xx to 6.0, 2015 maps, but I am having terrible Bluetooth issues with the media option not staying checked, so I get no music streaming from my phone to my X930BT. I pulled a testmode user file and noticed that both PRG0, and PRG1 have the exact same files, so I cannot go back to what I had to start with, and the PRG.FLG folder is not helping. The old maps and Bluetooth worked perfectly on 3.00,but now I only have the phone. I want to just start over and pretend like I never updated. Ron, over at the X group, was EXTREMELY hopeful, but he wasn't certain about force writing. Can I just pull a program (if so, which one?), and place it in one of the two PRG folders?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Dave

PRG.FLG is supposed to be a FILE, not a folder as you describe.  If that is true, try it as a file.  The two folders may have the same file names but should be different versions.
I think the file should be PRG0.FLG or PRG1.FLG but I'm not positive since I have not had the issue your seem to have.

Did you in fact, update the Bluetooth drivers?  It is not done automatically from updating to new maps.  You must go into the menu system and choose bluetooth and then update manually.

If none of that works, it may be possible to install an older bluetooth from the 2013 map update.

Thank you for the reply Blake..  I apologize.  

I updated the entire 2015 cardinfo, firmware, and update.

Ron gave me great instructions on what to do to upgrade/update.  He said that PRG0, and PRG1 should have been different since I only updated once.  When I downloaded the user file to sd, i did a comparison (only the user file).  Everything looks the same, but then again, I am not sure what I am looking for.  I just keep opening files on both, and the user info seems exactly the same.  I did not go any further down the initial log under user (other than SD, which had my testmode, and empty PRG.FLG file, which was not existent prior to me adding it. I did manually update the bluetooth via the menu/bluetooth/update manually.

If you give me any instruction, I will follow it to see if this can be completed.  I had the original maps, etc 3.00 version when I started.  I updated the maps, which updated me to 6.0, and from (I believe 2.23 bluetooth, up to 3.32.  Trying to make this work, I went back to 3.24 bluetooth, but it made no difference.

I have phone and contacts checked, when I try to pair the X930BT and my One plus 3, but media audio will not allow me to check it.  It tries, but wont stay checked.

I'll try anything.  Here are some photos...

Thanks again

Best Regards

Dave

The existence of PRG.FLG file in the USER folder tells the unit to use the files in PRG1 <DIR>
If the PRG.FLG file does not exist in the USER folder, the unit uses the files in PRG0 <DIR>

Your picture shows that you do NOT have PRG.FLG in the USER folder.  It should look like VOLUME.DAT but your picture shows PRG <DIR> when it should be PRG.FLG

Also, just to be sure, go to Settings/AV Settings and make sure "App Connection" is set to Bluetooth not Wired.

shortens it?  the name is shorter than VOLUME.DAT and VOLUME.DAT is not shortened to VOLUME <DIR>

i'm looking at picture: http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/aerovette99/media/IMG_20170102_1050261_zpskwpupurx.jpg.html

I do see another one now though that looks correct: http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/aerovette99/media/IMG_20170104_1149301_zps7jaifj48.jpg.html

Which one of these is your current setup?

What about App Connection settings?

• 3 weeks later...

Great idea.

After receiving tremendous help from Ron, BlakeStone, and many others, I solved the issue, by reinstalling the 3.32, then going in the back way. I registered, which found the phone, but there is where I made a change. I went to the settings of the head unit and opened up the AUDIO tab on the left side menu under Pandora and SD Card and it asked me to activate the media audio (which would not allow me to check the box before), but this time it did allow it and we lived happily ever after..

Now if I can only figure out how to get the nice graphics instead of just a line with an arrow....