AVIC411.com

GS6 and AVH-4000NEX issues....

To start, I'm new here, and this is my first entry into this type of head unit, please be patient  :-D I've searched here for several days to hopefully find a solution to the problems, but nothing seems specific to my situation....

Bought an AVH-4000NEX on Monday (very gently used, works perfect).  The GS6 is only a few months old, and just installed updates yesterday morning (company phone on Verizon).

Issues thus far:  Mirrorlink won't work (phone says connected, HU not at all).  Phone says it's connected, but nothing shows on the HU (I made sure the connection was set up in unit, cord is plugged into USB2 is instructed).

Bluetooth connects, but only call audio, not for media audio.  If I try to turn media audio on in the phone's bluetooth connection with the HU, it immediately turns it back off (the BT audio in the HU is turned on as well....) It did connect audio once long enough to watch a video, but as soon as I powered the HU off and back on, media audio.  As I stated earlier, BT phone calls work just fine.  I have two DEH-X9600BT units as well as a 9400BT (yes, I'm brand loyal to Pioneer lol!!), none of them have any issues with bluetooth audio.

I just installed the 1.14 update from Pioneer today (which includes the BT update as well), and nothing changed other than the firmware versions now display the updated versions.

Am I missing something?  The manual doesn't seem to list any specific sequence for the mirrorlink connection other than what I've already done.  If I already have mirrorlink on both devices, does there need to be another app to use it??  I installed Android Auto, which also made no difference.

Sorry for the long-winded topic, and I welcome and appreciate any idea's you folks may have :D