AVIC411.com

Can you hear me now?

I have a 4100NEX. Recently I've become unable to use the radio to make calls in my car. When I make or receive a call the other party can hear me, but I can't hear them. This happens over Bluetooth and when plugged in over Android Auto. I took the car into the shop that installed the radio. They checked all the connections and settings and said everything was ok, and blamed a setting on the phone. We have an AT&T service center in my town, so I took my Samsung Note5 there, and they told me that the problem was with the radio. So now I'm stuck in the middle. I turned off the Bluetooth on the radio so that the phone doesn't connect. Now I can make and receive calls, but I risk getting a ticket for not being hand held.

Also, I noticed that when the call connects the microphone in the upper right corner gets a slash through it, and the slash is removed when the call is disconnected.

Suggestions?

Edit: I connected an iPhone to the radio via Bluetooth and had the same problem, so it's definitely an issue with the radio.

• 2 weeks later...