AVIC411.com

Nex 4000 CarPlay help

My NEX4000 has worked really well for over two years using CarPlay. In the past week I can no longer communicate with Siri and people cannot hear me when I place or answer a call using CarPlay. Calls work great using Bluetooth. Everything else works fine with CarPlay. I have tried multiple phones with the same result.

I updated to the latest firmware (1.14) last night. It took over 4 hours which I thought was odd. Did the Bluetooth Software update this morning and it went quickly. My system seems slower to startup than usual as well.

Just looking for advice. CarPlay is the main reason I have this unit.

Yeah. It has never taken that long in the past. A call to pioneer is coming today. It never frooze up during the update, just went very slowly. I have reset my phone...home button and side button, and used a paper clip to reset the NEX and it is still very sluggish overall, but everything works except for me talking to my phone in CarPlay mode. Very frustrating.

Issue started on Thursday or Friday. Did the update on Sunday. I was hoping the update would fix it. It did not.

Next step is to remove the unit and plug cable in to the back of the unit. Maybe a cable is failing in my dash. Talked to pioneer today. They were not much help.

Crazy thing...it appears to working correctly this morning. Odd. Nothing changed overnight.

• 2 weeks later...

The place I sent it to replaced the internal SD. If this happens again I will try to do it myself. Final bill with return shipping will be right at $200. Cheaper than a new unit, but still a bit much for a unit that was purchased a little over 2 years ago. Hope to get it back and put back in on Monday.