AVIC411.com

Navigation Routing still stinks....

I never used my 8000 for navi. I did use it when it was 1st installed....but it had me going over water, etc, all over the map, and the routing was terrible. Just for testing, I plotted a route today on the 8200Nex. 

Traffic was clear, and the obvious route was stay on the freeway until the destination exit.

8200 Wanted me to exit and take XYZ route.

Does anyone actually use your avic for navi......literally, the test route was just so bad .

Routing aside, waze and goggle real time traffic analysis, navi IMO that is on my phone and follows me everywhere is far superior.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 8100 NEX, I don't ever use the navigation on it. I was a huge Pioneer fan and favored its navigation over any iOS app any day up until the 8000NEX. Now, it takes me over ridiculous routes, the ones with the most traffic and traffic lights.. The interface is just plain horrible, I now just use Apple Maps, Google Maps, or iGo..

-Keith

I have an 8100 NEX, I don't ever use the navigation on it. I was a huge Pioneer fan and favored its navigation over any iOS app any day up until the 8000NEX. Now, it takes me over ridiculous routes, the ones with the most traffic and traffic lights.. The interface is just plain horrible, I now just use Apple Maps, Google Maps, or iGo..

-Keith

I've noticed this too. To be (but haven't validated this yet as car is in storage for the winter) is that when the phone is connected to the 8100NEX via Bluetooth I think the unit is downloading route info from somewhere.

Try not connecting your phone to the unit (i.e. turn bluetooth off) and see if you have a better route experience. 

I think this is somehow related to AVICSYNC.