AVIC411.com

My 4000Nex recently stopped working on me after 2 years of regular use. It would boot to the screen with the Pioneer logo and "Loading..." for about 15 seconds and restart over and over. I have tried:

-Disconnecting the car battery

-Pressing the tiny reset button

I believe the internal SD card is corrupted and will need to be replaced. Where can I find instructions on replacing the SD card and flashing the new SD card with the backup image?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Jerry, 

I am in the same exact boat. Had the unit for 2 years then it started to do the continuous boot screen restarts. I pulled out the internal SD and found that it wasn't recognized by a Windows or Mac system.  Still waiting for a backup img for the 4000nex. 

The internal SD card is located below the CD transport on the front right side. See the photo in the link below. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/257feg05qzcc33d/4000nex_SD_Location.png?dl=0

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/16/2018 at 3:30 AM, vasili_84 said:

All regards to me tonight, I will write a detailed instruction on how to restore your device from any state.

Dang. I need this actually. MY head unit has worked fine for 3 years and randomly started doing the dreaded boot loop. I am reading through the forums thoroughly before attempting to modify or change the firmware. looks like the general consensus is that the internal sd card is bad. 

Can anyone help a brother out with a walk through? TY

• 8 months later...
On 11/16/2018 at 9:07 PM, jthatcher said:

Dang. I need this actually. MY head unit has worked fine for 3 years and randomly started doing the dreaded boot loop. I am reading through the forums thoroughly before attempting to modify or change the firmware. looks like the general consensus is that the internal sd card is bad. 

Can anyone help a brother out with a walk through? TY

Did you ever get any help with this??? I’m finding myself in the same boat.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

same problem here. Stuck in a loop. Tried disconnecting the battery and resetting. My customer splash screen image is still there so I'm not even sure if I actually reset it . No help. Can open face to get to the SD card because It won't open. How can I get it to reset? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 4500NEX a little passed the 1 year warranty. Was working fine and like others have said, shut vehicle off went into a store, come back out and all of a sudden getting the boot loop everytime. I can’t access the SD card because it never fully boots. I’m hoping somebody has some knowledge to drop or link ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...