AVIC411.com

Can the D3 do BOTH XM AND Sirius-Can I hook-up BOTH modules?

Terks just have problems in general with just about any Pioneer that has a screen. Must've screwed up during the R&D or something

Wow, I didn't know that you couldn't use the terk if you also had sirius. Not that anyone would want to use anything but a pioneer model on the D3 given the much better interface, but out of curiosity, why wouldn't the xm work as ext1 or ext2?
Wow, I didn't know that you couldn't use the terk if you also had sirius. Not that anyone would want to use anything but a pioneer model on the D3 given the much better interface, but out of curiosity, why wouldn't the xm work as ext1 or ext2?

The problem is that the Sirius and Terk XM tuners will fight each other. I tried this when I first bought my D3 because I already had both the PNR1 and the Terk XM tuners. I was able to get them both to work at power up but after about 5 mins the Sirius module would shut off and switch back to XM.

Why would you want to? Wait until the end of the year when Sirius and XM merge.

Because even after the merger(if it's approved) both services will still operate. Supposedly you will be able to have both at a discount though. They will combine some channel content but not the two services.

• 3 months later...

You don't install the Sirius and XM antennas ON the D3. They connect to the Sirius and XM tuner modules that they came with.

And if your installer doesn't know that, you should seriously think about gettin' somebody else to do it.

xmsiriussetup.png

Thanks Hi-Fi!

I know what your saying, but I can't really find anyone else so far other than going to Best Buy or Circuit City where I didn't buy the unit.

I have the Pioneer XM unit being shipped right now. It sounds like it is pretty obvious. I'll take a look once I get them both.

Thanks again.