AVIC411.com

F700BT - no signal on pre-outs : firmware messed up or unit failure ?

Hello!

I've read through the forms and havent found a solution so maybe someone can help.

I've had my front speakers replaced yesterday at a car audio workshop and the guys noticed the old speakers were connected to the amplifiers in a weird way which messes up the sound quality.

The AVIC pre-out signals have been omitted completely, and the speaker out signals were used for the RCA amplifier audio signal. The unit is missing the 24 PIN ISO with the pre out RCAs completely.

They wanted to correct that, they adapted a 20 PIN ISO according to 24 PIN Iso schematic, from here :

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/4816-reverse-wire-06-civic-si/

I've tracked every PIN on the iso and the signals are where they should be. Compared with the below DYI guide :

http://www.lightsound.com.pl/kostka-cinch-rca-pioneer-avic-f700bt-f900bt-d3-24pin-schemat/

The modified 20 pin ISO worked - the unit fired up and both MUTE and Remote functions were tested before they fitted the unit back to the card and worked.

However, after connecting the RCAs of the Amp to the signal front / rear/ sub pre-outs, they got no signal!!

Only electric noise was heard on the speakers connected to the amplifiers, while re-connecting between channels left/ right/front/back etc.

Conclusion - the unit does not send any audio to any of the pre-out signals. Apart from that works perfect. 

The diagnosis : someome messed up the firmware of the unit while changing maps / updating firmwares in the past.

The unit had few owners before me. Currently the unit is with 3.02 firmware.

I see 2 options :

1. Restart the unit and perform a new clean firmware update to 4.0, see if it helps

2. If 1 doesnt work - buy a brand new ISO 24 connector and try with that (ignoring the advice) and see what happens (about 35 USD)

3. Sell the unit (not everyone need pre-amp preouts)

What do you think ? I agree with the diagnosis, suspect the firmware may be at fault as there is current on the preout pins and all of them behave the same, which means they have not been fried dead or the braker before the preouts (if any?) is fried. 

Shoot me with any advice you can. 

I've already have the new firmware downloaded and will be doing that anyway.

I will have to think hard what to do if this does not work,

as im out of pocket on the new speakers which i cannot connect properly to my amplifiers.

So repairing the unit at a pioneer authorised service is out of option.

Update : 

Firmware update from 3.02 to 4.0 done succesfully, the unit is somewhat quicker and smoother.

However, front/rear/sub preout signal remains silent unfortunately, so apparently the pico fuse is blown or otherwise unit is damaged internally.