AVIC411.com

X930bt Bluetooth Missing Song Information

I have the x930bt model. When I first bought it, when I connected my Samsung phone via Bluetooth, the song information showed on the screen and I was able to use the head unit to change tracks and pause music. Now, the sound still works, but there no song information showing and I cannot change tracks or pause music with the head unit. This occurs both with Google play music and Pandora.

I tried unpairing and unregistering my phone. When I do that, everything works until I switch the head unit away from bluetooth (e.g. To AM/FM) and then back again, then the song information disappears and the controls no longer work. I've been attempting to fix this for close to a year now, so any help would be appreciated!

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After a little digging, I was able to get it working on a 930bt. I downloaded the 2015 Maps pack (I don't recall the specific link) and updated to that. Now my firmware says 6.0, which I believe is the custom revision, not Pioneer's. That didn't fix it, but the maps look great? It did not update the bluetooth firmware along with it, however, it is in the same package so will be on the sd card. The trick is that you have to manually kick off the bluetooth update by going to the Bluetooth settings while the maps update is in the drive. The option of 'firmware update' will light up and that should take you from 3.22 to 3.32 which fixed everything right up. iOS11 native music works great along with Spotify and Overcast. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a X930BT and it worked wonderfully with my Asus Zenfone 2. I could see track information and I was able to play/pause and change tracks.

I upgraded to the super hot Note 7 (pun intended ;) and I lost the ability to control the music and see the track info. I was however able to listen to music through the stereo if I controlled it from the Note. Then the Note 7 was recalled... twice!

Fast forward to today and I now own a S8 Active imported from USA to Canada. It is the same as the Note. I can stream to the head unit but I have to control from my phone.

I was reading up on everything and decided to update from 2015 to 2017 maps and update my Bluetooth from 3.22 to 3.32.

I finally found the time to update my software and everything updated perfectly. But now my phone will only connect for phone calls and contact list. There is an option on my S8 to turn on music but it's greyed out and I can not activate it. So now after updating i am in able to listen to music in my car...

I was reading up on my situation and a lot of people with samsung phones have been having Bluetooth issues since the S7/Note7 era. I've also found out that there are different versions of the AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile). Apparently android Oreo might support the option to change between AVRCP versions 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6. Does anyone know what version the new Bluetooth 3.32 is using?

I'm wondering if this whole incompatibility thing is just version related.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just want to listen to music again...

• 6 months later...