AVIC411.com

4000Nex HDMI connection

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone can help me out.

I've installed Micca media player to the 4000nex unit, but connection via HDMI doesn't work. I've tried it on multiple TVs at home and different HDMI cables and the Micca Media player works well. Just doesn't work on the 4000nex. Not sure whats going on. I've connect the media player to 4000nex using RCA for now, but video quality is not great.

What am I missing?? The HDMI onscreen of the 4000nex is just grayed out.

I've attached the link to the Micca Media Player below:

https://www.amazon.com/Micca-Full-HD-Portable-Digital-Player/dp/B008NO9RRM/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?_encoding=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pd_rd_i=B008NO9RRM&pd_rd_r=GXAY8P5RHYN2Z0WM4T61&pd_rd_w=iXRob&pd_rd_wg=ca9BQ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=TY7YF9W4K79S40NH2FJ5&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=781f4767-b4d4-466b-8c26-2639359664eb&pf_rd_i=desktop

• 2 months later...

Seems to me this is becuaset he Mica only does 720p or higher, and the NEX units only take 480P HDMI input.  Sucks, becuase almost EVERY device I have tried will not work, including the otherwise great-looking EZCast Wire for mirroring my Android phone. It works great on a monitor, but only goes down to 720p so the NEX won't see it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep as said, 480p input or I was able to get 576p to work on my Raspberry PI.  But that's about the highest it'll go in terms of resolution input signals. 

I was able to get a 1st gen Chromecast to work, which goes down to 480p. 

What sucks is on my last car I had a cheap DUALAV (DV625BH) head unit which took my Raspberry Pi 1080p signal and downscaled it without any issues.  Seems like a huge oversight on pioneers part.

If you want to use the Micca Media Player, you'll need to convert it to RCA input with https://www.amazon.com/VAlinks-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Blue-Ray/dp/B01M1RETUE/ref=sr_1_2?s=audio-video-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1499695986&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=hdmi+to+rca&psc=1     At 480i resolution, you really can't tell the difference much between HDMI and RCA analog.

• 1 year later...

Hello

now I know that the resolution issue in my new 4200nex is the issue. I’ve had the Hdmi be recognized just fine from my iPhone 6 with the powered Apple lightning to Hdmi adapter but poorly not recognized from my Android tv Mi Box with Hdmi out to my Pioneer.  I’ll test with a WDTV box at 480 to see if that works.  My nexus 7 tablet on a slimport Hdmi powered out also has trouble. 

Might have to rethink my hotspot powered android tv as a source. 

Seldomseen.