AVIC411.com

Pioneer 5200NEX, Password reset?!

Need some help

Ive done searching and it seems when people ask it a special person sends them a PM with info how to fix this.

I bought a scratch and dent head unit from an authorized online retailer. Got it, everything looked great. Wired it all in, put the dash back together, and was greeted with a Password screen with the hint listed "home".

Called the retailers support, they say there is no universal password, my choices are pony up the extra cash for a new one, pay to send it to pioneer, return the head unit... or ask you guys for help.

I can provide the invoice to prove its not stolen to whomever can help.

Thank you!

• 5 weeks later...

Brand new to the forum and to newer pioneer units.  I have an AVH4400BT right now that I bought used and have never seen or needed any type of password.  

I just ordered a 4200nex and should be getting it in a couple days.  I've seen a few threads here about passwords and recovery, does pioneer make you input a password when it first boots up?  What am I missing and what do I need to know?