AVIC411.com

Backup of internal SD for NEX 8200

Hi,

I will get my 8200 this weekend and thought, it would be a good idea to have a backup of the internal SD card.

Is this possible with the DEV MOD ?

I thought, I saw some script here for the x200 series, but I am no more able to find it.

Thanks in advance for your answer !!

Hi,

I now did a backup of the NOR and the internal SD card. I also put the AVIC.img on a 16 GB SDHC card. The image size was 15.817.768.960 bytes. I used Win32DiskImager for this. 

Now I opened the top of my 8200 NEX unit, but do not see the internal SD card. Do I need to get that board out, which I can see from the top ?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 1/15/2018 at 10:15 AM, avic-scott said:

May I ask what use this backup is?  Sorry to be a nOOb, but I've not really understood the reason for this...

The radios use a firmware on an SD Card to run the radio software and apps. Sometimes, over time, this card gets messed up (corrupted) and stops working. SO we have to replace it. It's inside, so you have to take the radio apart to get access. By replacing these cards you can fix radios that have issues with booting up, or give error messages.