AVIC411.com

Z110BT: When connected via lightning cable, sound comes out of phone instead of car

Hey guys so I have the Z110BT unit and I've never been able to get the music to come out of the car stereo when connected via USB cable.

Initially I thought it was because the software was too old or what not. So i just upgraded to the latest version 6.00 and still no luck.

I can play via Bluetooth just fine, but when I plug in via USB and open up pandora, the unit recognizes I'm trying to play pandora, but the music comes out of my phone instead of the car stereo. The weird thing is, I have the option to thumbs up/down tracks and even select my playlist which all work. 

I'm using an iPhone 6S and OEM Apple lightning cable.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• 8 months later...
On 5/9/2017 at 11:37 PM, djquikvic said:

Hey guys so I have the Z110BT unit and I've never been able to get the music to come out of the car stereo when connected via USB cable.

Initially I thought it was because the software was too old or what not. So i just upgraded to the latest version 6.00 and still no luck.

I can play via Bluetooth just fine, but when I plug in via USB and open up pandora, the unit recognizes I'm trying to play pandora, but the music comes out of my phone instead of the car stereo. The weird thing is, I have the option to thumbs up/down tracks and even select my playlist which all work. 

I'm using an iPhone 6S and OEM Apple lightning cable.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Any help with this yet.

• 1 month later...

I may have an idea,,, and it may be a wrong cable problem..

3 pictures below, all go in the back of the pioneer D connector// notice the one for the old iPhone 4 has a audio cable going into the connector...the 3rd picture shows the audio being striped to a 3.5mm cable... Is that what we have? is that the problem?

picture 2 has the D connector but no striped out audio jack?? 

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 10:48 PM, pauldana said:

I may have an idea,,, and it may be a wrong cable problem..

3 pictures below, all go in the back of the pioneer D connector// notice the one for the old iPhone 4 has a audio cable going into the connector...the 3rd picture shows the audio being striped to a 3.5mm cable... Is that what we have? is that the problem?

picture 2 has the D connector but no striped out audio jack?? 

s-l1600-2.jpg

#2 picture is the cables needed for the Z150BH along with the  Apple® MD826ZM/A Lightning digital A/V adapter.