AVIC411.com

Need help with avic z110bt

I just bought this stereo and I'm have problems with the front buttons. The home,menu snd eject don't work. I read others had this issue but can't seem to find a fix. Can anyone help?

Also it has the mute wire bypass by moving it over 1 spot. When I power the stereo I get a custom ford splash screen then it goes into the nav screen. Once I leave the nav screen I can't get back to it because the home and menu bottons don't work. But when I hook it up without bypass it makes no difference?

Any help would be awesome

Just to verify, are you saying that those hard buttons are never working? Do any work? (Vol +/- or Trk < >)   It sounds like a hardware problem. It has nothing to do with the parking brake bypass. You might ba able to get parts, but unless you have pretty good electronics skills, you'd need to send it for repairs.

Without the eject button working, you might not be able to run the diagnostics in TestMode. I've never tried it, but maybe you can run TestMode from a USB jump drive. In Testmode, there is a way to test the buttons. 

To get into Testmode, download  SUPERTESTMODE.ZIP, then unzip. Copy Testmode.key onto FAT32 formatted SD or USB device and insert/connect.

BTW, I think you mean Mode, not Menu.

If it was me, I'd demand my money back. If you bought off ebay, contest the sale unless it was listed 'as is'.

Hi Ron,

Yes the volume and track buttons do work.

I have the stereo apart for the 10th time. Just triple checking all soldering points. everything looks good and clean.

the dvd drive works when i supply power to the motor.

i can get the face open when my screw driver.

and i did download the file you send already. I can get into the menu but when i select the one for hard buttons, its just blank. no writing at all.

I didnt buy it from ebay, I got it from a pick and pull. $150 and I got the avic z110bt and all cables, Alpine flip down10'' monitor, 3 Jl audio amps and 2 alpine typr r subs. The car was just bought from auction and I was the first one there.

I'm not into it for alot of money it's just driving me crazy why half the unit works. even the touch screen works flawless!!

post-144360-0-92795600-1495087450_thumb.jpg

Hi Ron,

Yes the volume and track buttons do work.

I have the stereo apart for the 10th time. Just triple checking all soldering points. everything looks good and clean.

the dvd drive works when i supply power to the motor.

i can get the face open when my screw driver.

and i did download the file you send already. I can get into the menu but when i select the one for hard buttons, its just blank. no writing at all.

I didnt buy it from ebay, I got it from a pick and pull. $150 and I got the avic z110bt and all cables, Alpine flip down10'' monitor, 3 Jl audio amps and 2 alpine typr r subs. The car was just bought from auction and I was the first one there.

I'm not into it for alot of money it's just driving me crazy why half the unit works. even the touch screen works flawless!!

OK, so it looks like you have some hardware skills and equipment. I'm not much use with diagnosing hardware problems, but here is a Z110BT Service Manual that might help. http://avic411.com/files/Z110BTServiceManual.pdf