AVIC411.com

AVIC F950DAB password problem

I got this used unit and it has a password and the guy has no idea what the password was when made several years ago.

I have tried all testmode.key's I can find and the all just give me an error screen saying "Testmode failed starting"

Anyone has a solutions for thos or do I have too do it the hard way and desolder and readout the flash?

Zeb Crs,

Norway

I finally found a testmode.key that worked on this unit.

testmode-x50v2-20170601T202015Z-001.zip

Here I could go in and readout the password.

Did a factory reset and the went into setting and pushed the 3 zones in the top of the screen and removed password by entering it one more time.

Now the unit works perfectly, just has to find some updated maps and my MHL interface for my phone.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bw_hkMTCF0F5TTlzM1RtRkZSWDg

I finally found a testmode.key that worked on this unit.

testmode-x50v2-20170601T202015Z-001.zip

Here I could go in and readout the password.

Did a factory reset and the went into setting and pushed the 3 zones in the top of the screen and removed password by entering it one more time.

Now the unit works perfectly, just has to find some updated maps and my MHL interface for my phone.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bw_hkMTCF0F5TTlzM1RtRkZSWDg

My brother also owns a f950dab, after changing the battery today it's asking for a password, which ofcourse, he doesn't have seeing he bought the car with the radio installed... We've been trying different testmode.key files today, till we found your post. We were so happy to see the test mode start with this file... Only then did we notice there wasn't a User folder to recover the password....

Basicly I just wanted to ask you, did you have a User folder right away?  

No, use this path:

NAND\SYSTEM\SEQURITY and read sequrity.dat

The first letters You get is the password   xxxxxxked   where xxxxx is the password

The next you get is the password hint   yyyyyyyyyyyy+FA   where yyyyyyyyyy is the password hint.

• 4 years later...