AVIC411.com

07 MAZDASPEED3 VSS WIRE

hi guys I am new to this forum, well here goes I just bought an avic d3 and the problem is I have had the unit for three days and I thought I hooked up the vss in the right spot, and the navi was working fine except when I would stop. It would say I was drifting a little bit. So I looked at the dynamics on the map screen and I figured out that the vss was actually hooked to an rpm source. so, today I unhooked it and now I don't get voice command and I don't see the roads in detail. It also says that I am facing the wrong direction. I have a rear view mirror with a compass and in my drive way the navi said I was facing west when I was facing south. I did reset all the learning settings so, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. What I think is that I need to hook up the vss where it needs to go but I have looked in forums and I have tried their locations and none have worked. Someone PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! I am already fed up with the unit after 3 days !!!!! my car is an 07 MAZDASPEED3 not regular mazda 3 thanks....

1) you don't need the Vss wire for it to work correctly. It will work fine without.

2) Where did you hook up the vss wire?

3) how do you know it was to the rpm? Your speed signal should just count up as you drive, number just keeps getting higher and higher (counting up).

4) did you do a reset with the ignition off? Then see if that worked?

5) If #4 didn't work, do the reset while the unit is on.

I have an 06 Mazda3 and used it without the vss and now with.

well in a forum it said to hook it up in the pcm next to the battery, I did that and it was working fine until I noticed that drifting while stopping crap. I knew it was rpm because while I was stopped it said I was going like 18 mph and while driving if I would down shift the dynamics said the mph was going higher than the speed because the rpm's were high of course. I haven't tried re-setting the unit I only cleared the learning settings but I will try doing a reset on the actual unit itself is it better doing it with the ignition on or off?

A basic reset is with the unit off and shouldn't clear everything you set (radio freq's and such). Try it and see first.

As for the wire, yeah from what I read that is not the right spot.

Try this spot. On top of the steering wheel shaft there is a rubber piece(between the steering wheel and instrument panel), just pop up that rubber part across the width of the shaft (left/right width). Then

grab the cover above the instrument gauges and pull, it should start popping out along the top and left lower side. This will allow access to the harness behind the instrument cluster. Looking at it from the drivers seat, there should be two harness one small one on the left and one on the right. Look at the one on the right. Two rows are in the middle of the harness. The row closes to the windshield side of the vehicle (top) and count 5 holes in from the LEFT. That spot should be empty. Strip your wire and double it over and be sure to have at least two inches and shove it in that spot.

Now drive your car while in the speed sensor menu connection and see if it shows the signal. If not, be sure to check the wire to see if it got down deep enough.

If it is good to go, just tape the wire to the others for a snug fit and line up the top of the dash cover and push it back together.