AVIC411.com

AVIC8100 Will Not Power On

Hi All, I have a AVIC8100 that suddenly stopped working. It has hardly been used as it is in my old RV. This is what I know: I was using the unit and pressed the volume down button. The faceplate ofthe unit opened up. I found this strange as I did not press the eject button. After fiddling around with the buttons the unit closed back up.

I then turned the vehicle off and left. When I returned to the vehicle and started it. The unit didn't turn on or power up. I removed the unit foreword and confirmed there is power going into the unit. I also pulled the fuse out of the rear of the unit and visually could see the fuse had not blown as far as I could see.

Has anyone experience something like this before? All help is greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen this happen in vehicles where the unit has direct sunlight or inside the vehicle gets extremely hot.

If your RV sits and you don't have any kind of battery tender on it, it may be a power source thing. Maybe the battery in the rv that specifically runs the radio source may be weak. I know rv's sometimes tend to have more than 1 battery in them so get a meter and check voltage on all the batteries first before doing any charging. If voltage is dropping below x number of volts, maybe 9-10, it just may be a weak/bad battery.